𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 42

♪ I need a man who loves me like
My father loves my mom ♪

Claire Leclerc POV

Knowing that I got pregnant was scary but Max was relaxed about it. I thought that it could be because he already had a kid. But we are now at the Obgyn he scheduled, the best in the city. We are looking to find a baby or something and he is just holding my hand, as pale as the white wall behind him.

"You are definitely at the beginning of the pregnancy, maybe 4 weeks along. There is not much to see, you look healthy and so does our uterus so any complications will be easily picked up. Do you wish to be followed by me? Do you have a tight budget? I always suggest an appointment every month but not everyone can afford it" She says as she helped me clean the gel from the ultrasound. He was the size of a bean from what I could see.

"We have the means for it" I say calmly.

"She got stressed and she passed out 2 days ago. Is that only stress or could it be something from the pregnancy?" Max asks after being silent since we got in and greeted her.

"Well, some pregnancies can cause low blood pressure which causes fainting. I would obviously recommend not being stressed or overworked. We can see if any other symptoms appear and you can definitely call. My services are somewhat expensive but if I am your choice to follow your pregnancy I will be available 24/7" She says with some caution.

"Money is not a problem. I am a Formula 1 driver and I want the best of the best for both of them, we will definitely need the 24/7 availability because of the different time zones we happen to be in" Max explains as I sat down and pulled my top down.

"Well, I have a vacancy open so I can definitely take you in during your pregnancy, all the prices are dealt with at the reception. I will send you the video and I will give you some pictures of the ultrasound, I will do it every time so you can watch as the baby grows. I will also send you a report from every appointment, you should both keep them handy because something may happen in another country and it would be valuable information for the doctors there" She says as she went to her computer.

"Thank you. We will do that" I say appreciative, she was nice and I wouldn't mind being able to call my doctor in emergencies.

"Schedule the next appointment at the reception, I wish you both the best and please call me if anything is wrong. She will give you anything you will need" She says as she got up and we left for the reception.

The next appointment was scheduled and we left for the parking lot.

"I think we should wait before telling people. Something could happen and our families would be gutted, especially Olivia" I say as he started to drive and he smiles.

"Maybe we can do a party and announce the pregnancy and gender at the same time. 4 months is already secure enough to announce it, right?" He says looking at me for a second as he was at a stop sign and I nod.

"That would be a great idea. If Charles can keep his mouth shut then we can surprise everyone" I laughed as I said it and Max chuckles.

"Charles will not gossip about it, I am sure of it. He knows he would have too many explanations to give to both of us if he opened his mouth before we do" He says as he puts his hand on my thigh.

"I can't believe this is happening, it still seems like something so distant" I say looking out of the window and enjoying the city. Max parked in the building's garage and we went to my apartment where Charles and Olivia were watching a Barbie movie. 

"You are back already" Olivia says happily and she stays in Charles' lap.

"We are. I need to talk to Charles, you and Dad can watch the rest of the movie while we talk" I say right before I kissed her and she nods. Max picks her up and sits with her on the couch. 

"Is everything alright?" Charles asks as we arrived at my balcony.

"I am 4 weeks along so it's still pretty early, Max took it well, very well. I am actually excited about this pregnancy but I also don't want to talk about it until I hit the 4-month mark, I want to be sure that nobody is heartbroken by possible negative outcomes" I watch the view as I say it, and then look at Charles, who smiled proudly.

"I won't say a thing. This is your thing to tell, I am just happy to become an uncle, I see Olivia as my niece too but I sadly couldn't see her as she grew up, I want to see you through the whole way. I am excited but I will keep my mouth shut" He says getting closer to hug me but I am faster and I hug him tightly.

"You are the best brother ever. But don't tell Arthur or Lorenzo, they would be mad at me and I would have to tell them you lied" I chuckle and I hear him laugh.

"I love you too mon amour" He says as he kisses the top of my head and I look up at him with a smile.

"And thank you for watching Olivia for us, she adores you" 

"I like her a lot, you know it. It's my babysitting duties as a devoted uncle. I will watch her for future appointments if you need me to" He follows me as I prepared to head inside the apartment and I shrug.

"Thank you, I won't forget this. And neither will Max" I say tapping his shoulder.

"I mean, when you consider living together maybe you could think about selling me this apartment. The view is amazing, I'm just saying" He says as he raises in hand in supposed innocence and I laugh.

"That is an idea" 

I went back to the couch and Charles stayed too. He stayed until dinner, I put Olivia into bed and came out of her room to find him and Max playing in Max's living room. I went to Max's room and watched a Netflix series I was finishing. It's a win-win situation in my book.