𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 47

♪ I need a man who's patient and kind
Gets out of the car and holds the door ♪

Max Verstappen POV

For the next few weeks, it was a huge rollercoaster, we bought a penthouse together and moved in together, which pleased Olivia a lot. Both families have been calling more and more to check on us. A few birthdays were celebrated but Claire's birthday is today, the 17th of November. She is 23 years old now and 6 months pregnant with our child.

I was in Abu Dhabi and everyone was over the moon, both families are staying here. I rented a penthouse so we could all celebrate it. Both moms and my sister have been planning the party for ages. I went with Charles to the press conference, we waited for Arthur and left. I made sure to let Red Bull know I would only do the press conference and I would leave.

We recorded some videos in advance and I would be extra busy Friday and Saturday, but I don't really care. The championship is won, my girl matters more to me.

"Where is she?" I ask as the three of us enter the penthouse after coming from the conference and they shush me.

"She went shopping with Olivia, she told Claire she wanted this specific thing for her little brother and asked her to buy it today so Claire obviously took her without thinking twice" My mom says casually as she seemed to be finishing the decoration of the living room.

"Is everything set on the terrace and around the pool?" Charles asks curiously.

"Yes, as soon as she gets here we are all ready to yell surprise. Everyone will be arriving in an hour so we should all get ready. She will be here in an hour and a half, maybe two hours so it's all under control" Pascale says excitedly and we all nod.

I went to take a shower, dressed in something other than a Red Bull because that is not what I should wear on her birthday. That would be a complete letdown for the pictures. I went to the living room and saw that everyone was arriving.

"What are you going to gift her?" Lorenzo asks as he sits by my side on the terrace. I wanted some piece of mind before she got here.

"I think she will like but I bought her a new car. A SUV she badly wanted. What about you?" I ask curiously on what else she might get.

"Pregnancy is already hard so I wanted to buy something for herself, she will have a lot of things for the little one already. I bought a bag she really wanted, Charles helped me get it with some of his connections" He says as he lets out a laugh.

"I think most people won't offer things for the baby. This is about her, not him. He will have his time to get gifts"

"Charles bought a necklace with her initial, yours and Olivia's. He has a matching one for Olivia too because he knows she will want one. Olivia is something else, you raised a good kid on your own" He sounded proud and I was happy we all got along. I also felt more accepted by her family than my dad ever made me feel.

"Thank you for accepting her so easily. She deserves being happy and having a big family. She really is a great kid and she has blossomed since she knew Claire in the beginning of the year" I hear my mom calling and prepare to go inside.

"She texted saying she is on her way, she asked for us to prepare something for Olivia to eat" She says and everyone gets to their places.

Everyone was quiet as we heard their voices on the hallway, I saw Lando and Daniel tried not to laugh. My daughter and Claire ate just naturally funny.

"That is not how it's done. You can't say people suck just because they don't like me" Claire tries to explain as she probably went through her purse for the keys.

"But you do that. When people don't like me you tell me not to care because they suck anyways" Olivia defends herself and I knew for a fact she had her arms crossed.

"Well, I can do that because I am judgemental. You can't because you are my nice girl. By the way, stop bullying Sergio and Christian at any chance you get, they are nice to you" The door started opening as she said it and I was doing my best not to laugh.

"Is there any pattern I should follow so they keep being nice? Is once a week too much? Maybe once a month?" Olivia asks entering the living room first and then Claire appears too.

"SURPRISE!" We yell at the same time, mostly, and she drops her purse and the two bags she carried to the floor.

"So that why you were so sneaky. All the normal birthday texts, no overexageration, no videocall. You all got him, I will admit it" She says happily as her brothers went to hug her.

Everyone from the family still wished happy birthday in the morning since we are all sharing the penthouse so she wouldn't find it weird and it clearly worked. I watched as she happily talked to the 30 people here, she really is a popular person and very friendly, I don't even think I invited everyone but I did my best.

I woke up by her side, I wished a happy birthday and I told her how much I loved her and how much she means to me. These people haven't seen her yet on her day so I am just glad she has this fantastic moments.

"You did a good job babe" She says after she had greeted and shared words with everyone.

"Did you like it? I did my best" I ask as I wrapped my arm around her and I kiss the top of her forehead.

"I loved it! I expected a dinner with all of us, this is something else. Are those gifts all for me?" She asks as she looks at a table completely full of gifts.

"I think they are baby. You deserve them" I say proudly and I see Olivia running in our direction.

"I love you Mom" She says as she stands in front of us and Claire smiles.

"I love you too liefje" She says as she kneels down and hugs her.

"I can't for my brother to be here! Will he be small like Lio?" She asks as she looks at Victoria's holding Lio as she talked to Sergio.

"He will be even smaller when he is born but he will grow up just like you did. You will be very careful and it will be all right" Claire says as I watched them.

My girls. The love of my life, the ones who showed me what is love.