Chapter 12: (Friends)

Jasmine's Point of View:

The night was dark and cold. The snowstorm seemed even stronger during the night then it did during the day. The soft patter of the snow greeting the roof was very audible along with the occasional winds that zipped across the lonesome streets.

I knew that Harry wasn't asleep and I think he knew that I wasn't either. I could feel the warmth of his breath occasionally hitting the back of my neck. I was expecting that staying the night with Harry would include cuddling and kisses, but he wasn't even touching me.

"Are you awake?" Harry whispered in my ear. His voice sounded so raspy and deep, I almost didn't recognize him.

"Mhmm." I answered while drawing shapes on the pillow that lay beneath me.

"I can't sleep." he whispered. His voice sounded so hoarse and throaty. I felt his nose touch my neck. I hadn't realized how close he was until now.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Me neither."

There was at least a minute of silence. However, the whistle of the wind was very audible. The room was cold and goosebumps were beginning to grow on my arms, despite the heavy blanket that was hugging me.

"Jasmine, what do you think your purpose is?" he asked. It was an unexpected question, but it made me think.

Harry spoke again,"Like, what do you think the reason for your existence is?"

I took a moment of thought before speaking, "I've never really thought about it." Another moment of silence.

"What's your purpose?" I questioned while turning to face him. He was shirtless and only in briefs. His arms were crossed behind his head but, instead of him looking at the ceiling, he was looking at me. His jawline looked extremely sharp and the faint moonlight reflected across his toned lower abdomen.

Harry bit his lip before answering, "To make people happy" he whispered.

I wasn't paying much attention to his answer due to the fact that my attention was on his pink lips. However, I replayed his answer in my head and I found myself smiling. "That's a good purpose." I mumbled.

He slowly put his arm around my stomach. He began to peck little kisses on my shoulder. Then, he pulled me closer towards him.

"You're a great friend, Jasmine." he whispered into my ear.

I felt my heart sink and shatter into pieces. His sentence continued to replay in my head. I'm a great friend. I'm just a friend to him?

I didn't want to say anything; I didn't trust my voice in this moment.

Harry sighed once he noticed that I wasn't reacting to his efforts of showing affection.