Chapter 3: (Preparation)

[Edited]

Jasmine's Point of View:

The clock read 10:04 A.M and although that was a good amount of time to get ready for my date with Harry, I felt that I would need way more time.

I cringed once I took a look at the mirror. I had forgotten to put my hairnet on last night, and now I looked like a complete mess.

I was quick to notice the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep I had received and immediately knew that there was no way I could look presentable without a bit of help. I needed Alyssa's help.

Alyssa is my Puerto Rican, psycho, fan-girl, guy-magnet, chef, beauty guru, fashion designer best friend. We've been friends since the 3rd grade and we're still going strong in our junior year of college. And although she one-ups me in everything, I wouldn't trade her for the world.

I dragged myself over to my bed and grabbed the phone, calling Alyssa.

"'Sup, b*tch"

That's my best friend for you.

I let out a laugh, "Alyssa, I need you to make me beautiful."

She let out an over exaggerated groan into the phone. "Why, is it really that important?"

"Alyssa, I'm going on a date."

"A date? Like, with a boy. Say no more, I'm on my way."

. . .

"Why do you need all that makeup? I'm not that ugly" I laughed.

She smirked, "Relax, it looks like a lot, but trust me, it isn't. This guy you're going on a date with won't be able to keep his hands off of you."

After about half an hour of Alyssa painting my face and saying "Stay still" and "Trust me, you look good", the makeup was done.

"Can I see myself now?" I asked for probably the fifth time now.

She nodded her head with a smile on her face.

Once she showed me the mirror I smiled at the reflection. Usually, people think it's conceded to think or say that you look good, but right now, I wasn't afraid to admit that I looked way past presentable.

"Thank you so much, Alyssa." I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

"You're welcome, I just want to know who this mystery man is."

"His name is Harry."

She let out a slight laugh, "Imagine if he was Harry Styles."

My eyes widened, "You know him?"

"Who, Harry Styles?" she questioned with her eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah, of course I know him."

"Wow, I didn't know you guys knew each other."

"Well, he obviously doesn't know me, Jasmine. I just love One Direction, you know that."