Chapter 13: (Songwriting and Movies)

Jasmine's Point of View:

Christmas was over and so was winter. The weather was finally beginnig to get warmer and friendships were beginning to blossom again. Harry hadn't completely forgiven Niall, but they were comfortable around eachother again and even threw in a few jokes here and there.

However, Harry and I haven't made much progress in our so called friendship. He's been really distant lately and everytime he finds himself flirting with me, he acts differently and avoids eye contact. However, he invited me over tonight to help him write lyrics for a song that he's been working on.

Knowing that only Harry and I would be in a room together made me want to put on extra makeup or wear more revealing clothes, but I didn't want to try so hard anymore. He had already told me that he only thought of me as a friend, getting dolled up isn't going to change that.

I threw on the first pair of gray sweatpants that I found inside of my dresser and put on a black Nike sweatshirt. My face remained naked, and my hair was put into a tight bun. I jogged towards the kitchen, grabbing my keys from the counter and headed outside. The air was a bit warm and I could hear the faint sound of cricket chirps as I headed towards my car.

Harry's Point of View:

Ding Dong! The high pitched bells rang through the house, alerting me that Jasmine was probably here. I took a quick glance in the mirror, running my hand through my hair and straightening out my shirt. Then, I hurried towards the door.

I twisted the door knob, and was greeted by Jasmine in sweats and with no makeup. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't extremely attracted to her right now. "Hello, Jasmine" I smiled.

"Hi, Harold" she smiled while making her way inside, brushing past me in the process.

"You look nice" I smiled. She really did look beautiful, I've always thought that Jasmine looked better without makeup. She rolled her eyes in response, "Shut up". I furrowed my eyebrows, I was expecting a 'Thank you' or a 'You don't look too bad yourself'.

"What? I'm being serious. You look good all the time, baby."

I stopped myself before I could say anything else. I needed to control myself. Friends don't say that to friends.

I looked at Jasmine to see if she was weirded out by what I said, but she just smiled at me.

"Oh, um thanks."

***

***

***

Jasmine's Point of View:

"What do you want the song to be about?" I questioned.

Harry and I were both sat on the bed, brainstorming about song ideas.

"Well, I want it to be about a boy who is hopelessly in love with one of his closest friends" he was looking at my lips but looked away quickly and continued to tap his pencil onto his notebook.

"Does the girl like him back?" I questioned. He looked into my eyes as he answered.

"I don't kn- I mean, no. N-no, she doesn't" he answered hesitantly. I gave him a confused look but let out a laugh afterwards. Harry was so adorable sometimes. He laughed too, "I'm sorry, I'm stupid" he mumbled, with a smile plastered on his face.

"No, I think that's a really good idea." I laughed while poking his hip with my pointer finger.

*.*.*

*.*.*

*.*.*

After about an hour of song writing and brain storming, Harry recommended that we watched a horror movie. And although I absolutely dreaded horror movies, we decided to watch Cabin in the Woods.

I was cuddled up next to Harry with a thick, wool blanket covering our bodies. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulder and my arms were wrapped around his waist. But, friends do that. Right?

I let out an ear-splitting scream after seeing a jump scare in the movie. I buried my face into Harry's chest and he chuckled at my reaction. "C'mon, it wasn't that scary, babe."

"Yes it was." I mumbled into his chest. He let out another laugh, "I'm right here, baby. Don't be scared." He kissed my forehead and gently rubbed my forearm. His voice sounded so raspy and deep due to the fact that it was very late, but it made him sound a thousand times more attractive. And thanks to Harry's sappy words and actions, butterflies were having a party in my stomach and my heart fluttered a bit.

I wanted to stop the movie and ask Harry if we were really just friends. But, I'm Jasmine, not some fearless goddess, and I kept my mouth shut.

About half an hour into the movie, I felt myself growing more and more tired. My eyelids fluttered shut and I felt myself fall into a peaceful slumber in Harry's arms.

A/N: I AM THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD OMG. I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN NEGLECTING THIS BOOK AND TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE LIKE I DIDN'T REALIZE SO MANY PEOPLE READ IT AND I HONESTLY DON'T DESERVE YOU GUYS.

I'M UPDATING TOMORROW BC LIKE YOU GUYS REALLY DESERVE IT. AND HOLY MOLY 13K READS COOL

but like fr I'm honestly so sorry. & I really want to know the races of everyone reading this book bc I really want a diverse audience

THIS CHAPTER SUCKED I KNOW, I JUST NEEDED A FILLER. IT WILL GET BETTER I PROMISE.

ILYSMMMMM (vote, comment, follow)