Chapter 10: (New Year Special) [Part 2]

Recap:

"Stacy. Listen Harr--", I cut him off. "Niall, are you fucking insane? What will the media say when they see 'Niall Horan spotted with Harry Styles's ex-girlfriend.' What were you thinking?", I spat. "Harry, listen.", Niall started.

"No, Niall, you listen. I thought you were smarter than that. And, really, going out in a blizzard?", I began to pace. "Harry.", Niall began again.

"No--", I was interrupted by Niall.

"Stacy cheated on you with me."

Harry's Point Of View:

It took a moment for me to comprehend the words that had just come out of Niall's mouth. Denial took over every inch of my mind, but I believed him. I tried not to, but I did and I've never felt so hurt. I've never felt so betrayed. I've never felt so angry.

"What?" I shook my head. "I'm sorry." tears threatened to spill out of his blue eyes. The eyes that once seemed so innocent to me. He ran his fingers through his hair as if it was the only action he was capable of doing.

Why was he crying? I'm the one who should be hurt.

I guess my mind was speaking before my body because a tear slipped down my cheek. I quickly wiped it, soon becoming angrier. I hate this. Why does my anger always end in tears? Why did my ex-girlfriend cheat on me with my best friend? Why is Stacy just standing there as if nothing is going on?

"Niall." I said, my voice shaking and dripping with anger. He stood there with his thumbs hiding in his fingers.

Niall's Point Of View:

I couldn't say anything. There's reasons behind why I did what I did. But none of those reasons were valid enough to explain why I did it.

I stood there, shaking. I deserve whatever I get coming. I really do.

"Niall." Harry's voice didn't come out as Harry's voice. He didn't sound like the normal, cheerful Harry. This was all because of me and my stupid actions.

He took a step closer to me. I stood there. I swear he could probably hear my heart beating.

Before I could blink, Harry's fist was hammering into my face. I could hear nothing but the violent sound of a fist repeating brutal punches. I could see nothing, only black. I've never felt a worse pain in my life. My nose stung and my cheek throbbed. Harry continued his brutal assault, punch after punch, hit after hit. And I couldn't find myself to defend.

"Harry, stop!", I could hear a faint voice in the background. It sounded like Stacy's but I was already knocked out cold to comprehend anything else.

****

My eyes blinked open and quickly shut. Everything was so bright and a headache quickly hit me. I felt a hand on my forehead. I flinched hoping it wasn't Harry.

"Relax, Niall. Everything's gonna be alright. Just relax." It was Jasmine. I felt my body become more comfortable in the bed sheets I was currently in.

"I kissed Stacy." I spoke the reason I was in this mess right now.

"I know. Stop talking, Niall." she patted my head with an ice pack. I fell asleep again without hesitation.

. . .

Jasmine's Point of View:

I watched a silent Harry sitting on the couch across from me. Everything was silent, it was a loud silence. I was scared to even breathe.

He just sat there. He was there but his mind was somewhere else. I wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Why'd you--", I cleared my throat in an effort to try to get rid of my hoarse voice. "Why'd you do it?", I finished.

I watched as his head snapped up at the sound of my voice. He looked deep into my eyes and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. He just didn't look like himself. I rubbed the goosebumps that had begun to develop on my arms.

"I don't know.", his voice was tired and hoarse. His beautiful accent was hidden underneath the dullness of his voice. He cleared his throat.

"I was angry. I was caught up in the moment.", he said. He ran his long fingers through his brown locks. "Jasmine, I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "You didn't do anything to me. Don't say you're sorry." He spoke before I continued.

"Please." his voice cracked. "Don't think less of me." His eyes were blurred in tears. "You're all I've got." tears slipped down his face. His lip quivered and I knew he didn't want me to see him like this. I was correct because he soon had his face in his hands.

I couldn't bare to see him like this.

I stood up, walking towards him. I sat on his lap, facing him. I locked my legs around his waist and embraced him into a hug. I could feel his chest moving up and down, violently. He used my shoulder to muffle the sound of his sobs.

"I didn't mean to hurt him", he whispered.

"I know, baby, I know." I whispered into his ear, wrapping my arms around his neck. I patted his head whispering "Everything's gonna be okay. Breathe." I remember my late grandma used to do that to me every time I was upset.

"Don't think less of me.", he whispered once more.

"I could never.", I whispered back.

And as I looked towards the stairway, I could see Stacy. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her fists were clenched. She locked eyes with me. As soon as she realized that I wasn't going stop this stare-down until she broke eye contact first, she rolled her eyes and started up the stairs.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the short chapter. I'm going to update the last part of the "New Year Special" tomorrow.

Quick question: Do you guys have friends who read this book? I'd feel even more fabulous than I already am if you do. *hair flip*

Vote, Comment, and Follow. [I love your comments.]