Chapter Two

A/N: This is the second chapter of this story about ballet dancer Iris and physiotherapist Jake. This is quite short, but I promise, the next one is longer.

Warnings for this chapter: talking of bad injuries and medical stuff (again, I am not an expert, so I apologise for any inaccuracies), poor mental health, talking of depression, poor mother/daughter relationship (honestly, Iris's mother says some awful hurtful things), soft!Jake.

_________________________________

A week and a half later, on Thursday, the doctors told Iris that the nurses had to inspect her wounds to decide whether or not to remove the stitches.

She was waiting for the same gentle nurse, whose name she learnt was Helen, to come and remove them, so when Jake entered the room, she was very surprised.

She didn't expect him to do that.

He greeted her with the same softness he used on the first day and she blushed again making him grin slightly.

He had his usual white scrub on, his long hair tied back into a low bun this time.

"Hi, Iris. I am glad to see you in another color that is not white. I like this one, it suits you. It makes the shade of your hair stand out." He told her, his voice was so warm and calm.

She blushed more at his comment and thanked him without watching him in the eyes.

She was wearing a powder-blue shirt that was her favourite for the same reason he had just pointed out. When she finally looked at him, she noticed that his cheeks had become a little flushed, too.

"Are you going to remove my stitches?" She asked him, her voice bearing a hint of fear.

"Yes, I am here to check your wounds first. I hope they are healed so I can remove the stitches. I am afraid to tell you that it might hurt a little, but nothing too bad" he nodded, then started to prepare the disinfectant and other instruments.

"Ready?" He asked and flashed her his perfect smile. 

Iris nodded and his beautiful veiny hands were on her again. His expert fingers brushed on her thigh and proceeded to take off the first bandage delicately.

He muttered "Perfect, this one is ready" under his breath then grabbed the scissors.

"If it becomes too much to bear just tell me ok?"
He said, still looking at her wound.

She answered him "Ok" and she heard him say something along the lines of "Good girl".

Before she could blush, she felt the thread being cut.

She decided she couldn't watch and focused on his handsome absorbed face.

It didn't hurt at all when he pulled the thread out, and it was so for almost all the other stitches.

"These were 25 stitches, now you can look" he said and Iris looked down on the bigger wound on her thigh.

She saw the scar and noticed that, although it was very big and ugly, the cut was pink and fully healed. He dabbed at it with disinfectant and then went on to take off the other bandage.

"Ready?"He asked again and Iris nodded.

"This one might hurt a little more." He said.

He was right, it did.

He was so sweet and stopped every so often to let her rest and catch her breath in between the pain caused by the thread leaving her flesh.

Once he was done he disinfected that one too and then tidied everything up.