Chapter Thirteen

A Jake Kiszka AU

Physiotherapist!Jake x Original Female Character

Previous Chapter.

A/N: Hi everyone, it took me ages for this chapter, I'm so sorry. but here it is! Two more to go and then it's a wrap, I think.

Word count: 1.8K

Warnings for this chapter:  angst, panic attack, poor mental health, reminiscences of a past trauma, physical and psychological pain, anger, betrayal.
_________________________________

Sweet brown eyes were gazing down at her with so much adoration that her heart swelled with love in her chest.

Warmth enveloped her as those same brown irises became closer and closer and fluttered closed.

She felt as if a featherlight touch was placed on her lips and she parted them, allowing a sigh to leave them.

She closed her eyes as his warm lips pressed against hers, light and soft as rose petals.

Love and longing grew in her heart as the kiss deepened.

An airy laugh, deep and raspy, reached her ears and she heard her own voice mirror it.

Then her eyes opened again and she was met with those same brown irises. Sweet and comforting like dark melted chocolate.

“Jake” she felt her lips form the word but no voice came out.

He was breathtaking, his long hair framing his face and a genuine smile beaming down at her like she had hung every single star in the sky just for him.

She loved him.

She realized it at that exact moment.

She felt her heartbeat pick up in her chest and, for the first time in forever, she experienced true and unadulterated happiness.

She could see nothing but love reflected in his irises and she sighed, contented.

Their bodies were tangled together. His skin was so soft and warm where it was touching hers. It was making her feel incredibly secure and calm.

She closed her eyes again and skimmed her lips along the delicate skin of his neck, feeling him shiver as a deep sigh left his throat.

But all of a sudden, she found herself again in the middle of that road.

And she met those same brown eyes that had been looking down at her with nothing but love seconds before through the windshield of a black car.

Love was nowhere to be seen in those eyes, entirely replaced by fear and panic.

She felt her heart shatter in her chest as she recognised who those eyes belonged to.

She had lost herself looking into them so many times she would have recognised them everywhere.

His face contracted in pure horror as he watched her body hit the windshield and shatter it.

Sorrow enveloped her like a wet blanket, sticking uncomfortably to her body and making her heart grow cold.

Iris woke up with a startle with his name and the salty taste of tears on her trembling lips.

A week had passed from that cursed day she had run away and nothing had changed.

She didn't have the energy to leave her house at all. Actually, she could just barely function and, if possible, she felt even more miserable.

She was utterly exhausted.