Chapter Five

BALLERINA - Chapter Five.

A Jake Kiszka AU

Physiotherapist!Jake x Original Female Character

A/N: I apologise for not posting this yesterday but a total blackout occurred in my town due to strong winds and I didn't have WiFi or data traffic.
Anyway, this is a very important chapter in the story and I am so happy to be able to finally share it with you. I really hope you like it as much as I do.

I can't wait to know what you think about this!

Word count: 4.2K

Warnings for this chapter: kissing, talking of physical rehabilitation and medical stuff (I am not an expert, I apologise for any inaccuracies), poor mental health, sadness, fluff, soft!Jake at his peak, beware.

_________________________________

Two weeks passed and Iris could almost walk alone without crutches and she felt almost safe in doing so. Jake was teaching her to walk more steadily on her injured leg, avoiding limping. It was a bit difficult for her to keep her balance but they were moving forward with rehabilitation.

She  was happy but she always felt so tired.

At night she couldn't sleep properly.

She woke up every few hours because of constant nightmares.

She kept dreaming about that car hitting her in the middle of the street on that cold February night.

She couldn't stop the sound of screeching tyres and brakes from echoing into her ears every time she closed her eyes.

She knew her sister was still studying so she tried not to bother her too much.

She didn't want to bother Jake, either, even though he had told her to do so without problems.

Sometimes, she even woke up crying because, in the dreams, the doctors told her that she would never go back to dancing.

That was Iris's biggest fear and,  even though  Jake was helping her and the doctor who had operated on her said that he couldn't tell her if she would be able to dance again or not, she was growing very nervous about that matter.

Even the weather seemed to be plotting against her, that Friday.
It was pouring with rain and the sky was so dark that she had to keep the lights on even though it was barely mid afternoon.

As soon as Jake arrived, he noticed the tiredness in her eyes and asked her about it

He entered the room with a gleaming smile but it sharply faded away.
His expression changed immediately when his eyes landed on her. He was worried as he approached her bed.

"Hey, Iris are you OK? You look very tired and a bit ill, I'd say." His warm wrist touched her forehead lightly, checking her temperature, and then dropped to his side.

He sat down on the chair close to the bed and asked "Is there something wrong?".

The expression of worry in his kind eyes broke her heart.

He was worrying for her.

Iris told him that she was fine and that it was the weather's fault.

He didn't seem satisfied with her answer but he didn't push it.

They worked for two hours together on many difficult and tiring exercises and then he left her to herself, with his usual kind words of encouragement.

The touch of his hands on her body, paired with his soothing deep voice, cheered her up just a little, but her mood worsened again the moment he exited her room, leaving her there alone at the mercy of the whirlwind of her thoughts.