Learning From The Best

A/N: Okay, I know it's been a LONG time since I last gave any update, let alone released a chapter. It's been more than a year, actually. But if I were to make a list of why it took me so long, this would be longer than the actual chapter...

Long story short, I went through a long writer's block where I had simply lost motivation to write. And when I got my motivation back, either I didn't have time to write, or I was just being lazy.

For all of you who have been waiting for a new chapter, I am truly sorry that you had to wait so much.

However, it's not all just "bad news". While I didn't write, it doesn't mean that I didn't think about the story at all, and I can confidently say that everything about the book is planned up to the final act of MHA. Now, I don't know how long it'll take me to get to that part, but we'll eventually get to it. From now on, you can expect a regular schedule as I plan to publish at the very least a chapter per month.

To everyone who's kept reading and supporting the book so far, I can't even begin to thank you enough, but I will try to make up for it.

...~MH~...

(1 Week Later: Tokyo)

"Creati, do you copy?"

If there was one thing Momo had learned over the years of mastering her Creation, it was that the latter could prove quite taxing, and even more so during a night of patrolling alongside The Lurkers.

Momo took deep breaths, wiping the light sheen of sweat off her head. She placed her fingertips against the earpiece to respond—

"I'm with her."

—but was caught short as Mt. Lady's voice came both from behind and from the earpiece. She looked at the Pro Hero who had just arrived and, unlike her, barely broke a sweat.

"Creati has apprehended the villain without complications." Takeyama gave her a nod of approval as she spoke. "How are things going on your side?"

Momo diverted her attention back to the entrapped man. He was just a low-life villain who pretended to be from the notorious League of Villains. It turned out that he was biting off more than he could chew as he was barely considered a threat. If anything, taking care of that thug was a formality...though it certainly seemed harder now, after eight hours on patrol, than it did at the beginning of the night.

Things looked well handled. The police were soon on the scene, taking charge of the villain. An officer approached the two heroes and addressed Momo, "We'll take it from there. Thank you for your help, uh, what's your name, miss?"

"Uhm, Creati," Momo simply responded.

The officer nodded, "Thank you for your help, Creati."

"Think it's time to call it a night. We'll meet you at the agency," Edgeshot radioed via the earpiece.

It appeared her assistance was no longer needed, so Momo shut off the communication device, tucked it into a compartment on her belt, and started to walk back to the agency, her mind anywhere but on the walk.

...~MH~...

(1 Hour Later: Edgeshot's Agency Building)

Momo could feel the fatigue through her whole body as she returned to the Edgeshot Agency. It was just before dawn and the city was still in the dark; the streets were deserted. The overuse of her quirk made her dizzy, her feet were killing her, and her temples were throbbing.