Recovery

Two days had passed since the villains' attack on the camp where students from classes 1-A and 1-B were training. At that point the hospital was overwhelmed, except Monoma the entirety of class 1-B was hospitalized. Luckily more than half of them already woken up and were given a clean bill of health. The majority of class 1-A was at the hospital as well, but only a small handful of them hadn't already awoken.

Momo was part of them. She actually was the student with the worst bill of health. She was still laying in her hospital bed, her head wrapped up with bandages. She took kind of a big hit from the Nomu in the head and almost blacked out right after it. She still managed to remain conscious even if it was barely, but she hardly was understanding what was happening around her.

After the hit everything was a blur as she was being dragged to the lodge by Awase. All she remembered was some of her friends lunging at her as soon as they saw her arriving. She then was laid on two tables put together and Uraraka and Tsuyu stayed beside her. She gave a few glances at the around but only saw a few students whispering. Aside from that everyone even the teachers remained quiet, morale wasn't at its highest. Obviously the recent news of Y/n being captured wasn't taken well and on top of that Ragdoll was apparently captured as well.

But Momo didn't know about it. Yet. Well she figured about it when the Nomu spared her and suddenly left, and also when she got back at the lodge. Y/n wasn't there and everyone looked upset. However she needed a straight answer, she needed to hear it.

With the very small amount of strength remaining in her body she turned at Uraraka and asked her of a weak voice where Y/n was, but the only thing she got in response was a sad look from the zero-gravity girl. She expected that answer but still didn't want to admit it. It was like if her whole world was falling apart. The boy she fell in love with and who made her life hundreds of time happier just got captured by the League of Villains. And the worst part was probably that nobody knew why they were after him and what they planned to do with him. Before she knew it tears rushed over to her eyes and blurred her sight and the next second she passed out.

Because of the isolation of the camp it took a while for any sort of rescue to get there. Fortunately neither the students nor the Pros were in a situation that required immediate medical support. When the paramedics finally made it to the camp, Momo was loaded into an ambulance. Todoroki and Uraraka got in with her to make sure she was alright.

The news about the attack didn't take long to be spread around the country. People started to blame the villain attacks on U.A saying they didn't care about the safety of their own students. They also claimed that the teachers aren't up to match the villains. But what they talked the most about was obviously one of the most promising students being kidnapped. Some people even made theories about the villains wanting to corrupt him and put him onto the path of evil.

Momo's POV

My eyes slowly open, freeing themselves from their black veil as I stir awake from what seemed like weeks of sleeping. The first thing I'm greeted with on waking is a painful headache. It makes sense with the serious hit I received in the head. I sit up on my bed, rubbing my eyes before glancing at the white walls of the hospital room.

Other than the sunshine going through the room by the windows on my right, telling me it's actually day outside. I look at the small TV hanging on the wall only to see the news' channels talking about the attack and don't hesitate bashing U.A in the same way.

Memories of the attack now come straight to my mind and quickly my train of thoughts is flooded by them. My heart clenches as I'm filled with guiltiness. I can't help but think about what I could have done better, which is basically everything... It hurts to admit it and I hate to but once again I was of no use. I mean I should be used to it since it's always the same case to occurs. I could have done so much to help my classmates but the only thing I was able to do was making gas masks. That's it. Moreover, the only villain against whom I fell managed to knock me out before I even realized he was there...