Sports Festival: The First Tests

Y/n's POV

"The first round will be the obstacle race!" Midnight shouts. I look at Momo who looks determined.

"You ready?" I ask.

"I guess. I'm a bit stressed right now." She whispers, looking down her fingers as she twiddles her index fingers one against another. One of the countless things that make her cute to die for.

"Don't worry Momo, you're going to do great." I say giving her an authentic smile in an attempt to comfort her.

"I don't know, I'll try my best for sure though." She replies. I lift her chin and lean so close to her that I can feel her hot breath against my face.

"Momo that wasn't a supposition. You're going to do great, that's for sure. And why? Because I believe so and more importantly, I believe in you." I whisper as my red-ruby eyes meet her beautiful onyx orbs and her face lits up before she shows me one of her perfect and unforgettably smile.

"Thank you Y/n." She says happily before the two of us make our way towards the inevitably massive gate which both marks the exit of the stadium and also the beginning of the 1st step of the tournament.

The gate suddenly opens only for Present Mic to yell at us,

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? THERE'RE NO COUNTDOWNS IN HERO COURSE... GO!"

To his words, the recently accumulated crowd of students from all the different courses lunge through the door but everybody stops as a cold wave spreads in the tunnel and their feet get engulfed in a layer of ice as Todoroki freezes the floor and already takes the advantage.

"Sorry but I have to win this." He says of his typical monotone voice but something's different than usual, he sounds more hostile.

'Jeez, I really did miss an episode. Why is he acting so weirdly!?'

"AND TODOROKI GOES FIRST FREEZING EVERYONE BEHIND HIM! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT ERASER!" Present Mic's voice resonates through every speaker of the stadium.

"Don't talk too fast, he may have taken the advantage but it's only the beginning of the test which means anything can still occur." Mr Aizawa comments through the speaker as it seems he's more focused than earlier before the beginning of the test.

Momo creates a vaulting pole while Bakugo uses his explosions to blast himself in the sky at fast speed. Other classmates such as Kirishima, Tokoyami and Ojiro follow quickly behind the first trio.

"You'll have to try harder IcyHot!" Bakugo shouts.

'Damn they all give their all, I should do the same

'Damn they all give their all, I should do the same.'

Shadow energy begins to engulf both of my fists before I drive it to my palms. I then release shadow blasts to propel myself off the ground and fly over the frozen area. When I reach the end of it, I land onto the ground and start running. Quickly, I reach Momo and start running by her side, I give her a grin before speaking, "I'm sorry Momo but today I'm not going easy on you." I say still smiling.