NIGHTMARES AND... QUIRK PROBLEM ?

Y/n's POV

I awake suddenly by another nightmare. I look instantly to check if I didn't wake Momo but fortunately she was still sleeping. I get out of bed carefully, avoiding to wake her up. I go to bathroom to clear my face.

(Damn another nightmare... It's the second in less than a week...)

I run water to the sink and spray my face. When I look up to see myself in the mirror I feel a mix of stupor and scare.
My quirk must have activated in my sleep since my eyes glow of a dark red but it isn't what concerns me the most.

(Okay... What the fuck is that !?)

Dark energy is spreading on my right arm, it's not covering as usual instead it's incorporated into my skin and looks like...

...veins, dark matter veins.

It starts from my hand and goes onto my entire arm. I lift my shirt and see it continues spreading to my right upper chest and stops at the bottom of my neck. I try to call the dark matter back but it doesn't. I step backwards and sit back to the wall. My breath goes irregular and heavy. I still manage to calm down as I take a long and slow breath. After a few minutes my body finally returns to normal. I let a long sigh of relief.

I hear a slight knock at the door.

"Babe are you okay ?" Momo asks with a small and worried voice. She opens the door and finds me sat against the wall.
"Is... that a bad dream again ?" she asks with a soft voice.
I stare at her with surprise for a second.
"H-how do you know about them ?" I ask.
"It's not the first time you wake up in the middle of the night..." she says as she sits next to me.

I expected she would notice it but not that soon.
I lean my head on her shoulder, she runs a hand through my hair. I instantly feel better.

"You know you can tell me everything, I'm here for you." she says sweetly.
I gained a small smile. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am having her by my side.
"Well, the nightmares are a side effect caused by the negative energy of my quirk, at least I think so. Recently they got more frequent and restless." I say.
"And now it appears that my quirk activates on its own during my dreams..." I say slowly.
"Y/n what happened in the dreams." she asks.

I feel my whole body tensing up. It's always been related to people close to me suffering. I even used to see my mom in these dreams. But recently it was always the same. Momo was dying under my eyes and I could do nothing.

This vision of Momo now scrolls before my eyes. My heart squeezes, my breath speeds up again. She gets me out of this nightmarish vision by running a hand on my cheek.
"It's ok Y/n, I'm here now." she whispers softly before before she hugs me burying my face into the crook of her neck.
"Thank you Momo." I say quietly.

After that we went back to bed. She snuggled up to me and fell asleep quickly. I caress her head softly, contemplating her cuteness. Then I start thinking about everything that just happened. The nightmares getting more frenquent was a thing. But I could handle it with no problems since I've been used to them for years now.

In the other hand, my quirk activating on its own was a bigger deal. It's not the first time it does this since when Yumi woke me up the last day of internship, it was activated.

But this thing earlier... It was totally different. Not only my quirk activated, but he also did some kind of things I've never seen before. I'm still wondering how did dark energy ended spreading through my veins...

(I think I might have a talk about this with dad.)

My eyes become heavy as I'm falling asleep slowly. I usually don't sleep well after a nightmare. But there, since I sleep with Momo, I feel like nothing can happen to me. I finally get asleep but not before a last gaze at her cute face sleeping.