Husband and Wife・S2 e11

"So you know where our son is hiding, but I suspect you won't give him up that easily" Garmadon prowled across the room, voice dripping with poison, and equipped the iron sword that lay lent against the wall. He turned quickly and pointed it at her, threatening her menacingly.

"I know you too well, Misko. Why did you allow yourself to get caught?" Now it was his voice that was raised. Misako studied her husband and allowed herself to take a step forwards. "Because I know you don't want to fight as much as Lloyd doesn't want to fight," she told him and instantly his face dropped and his weapon lowered, a glimmer of vulnerability slipping through his cold demeanour.

"Lloyd doesn't want to fight? Uh, I mean..." He struggled to hide his surprise but was quick to correct himself, standing up tall. "So Lloyd doesn't want to fight?" He cackled maniacally while his wife shot him a half glare, half pleading look.

"If you're still the man I once loved, I know you would never want to see him harmed." She said, her eyes gleaming with unfathomable disappointment that she ignored as it bubbled in her stomach, making her uncomfortable. He turned back to her, "But it foretold, it is our destiny." his tone was laced with what could have been mistaken for pride or excitement at the mention of their forced actions.
"I don't care about him" He declared, "I only care about turning Ninjago into my own image" the grin that he wore made her sick, this was not him.

"Then you not the man I married. I should go" She realised there was no one here for her to be seeing and was about to leave with her heart aching.
"No! Don't." Garmadon practically begged his wife, it made her stop and turn back to him.

He lifted the helmet from his head and lowered it past his torso, holding the enchanted metal with a tight grip. "Misako, I may look different, and evil may now course through my veins" He began, setting his helmet atop a stand perfectly crafted for the job.

"But I am still the same man standing before you." He continued, her face falling into that of sadness as he said "I want you to rule by my side." Misako's face was that of disappointment, unable to imagine such an atrocious task in a world ruined by her beloved husband.

"Rule with you, a world in your image. What do you mean by turning Ninjago into your image? What do you aim to achieve through others' pain and suffering?" Misako raised her voice but the man did not retort with equal anger, Garmadon took a shallow breath and clutched his clawed hand, turning his back onto her.

"It means, I wanted them to feel everything I have felt. The torment and neglect I have received just for looking the way I did, the nagging sensations of justified cruelty to the world that so despised me.

That's what the venom does, it justifies any hurtful thoughts and makes it seem as if you have no choice. It makes a monster out of you even when you believe you are thinking rationally.

And my father never understood my pain, he always insisted he loved us both, me and my brother, and he insisted that he saw the best in us. That was a lie and an obvious lie. He looked at me and saw a monster in the making, a sick child with a twisted mind that he had to fix, just another problem in his ever-growing list rather than his son who needed his father." Garmadon had turned away from the other, blocking his weepy eyes from the other's view.

"He promised to love us both equally, his eyes lied more than his filthy mouth sometimes." The oni trembled but continued.

"I wanted to taint the world he so adored and change it, change it for the worse.
Force everything he loved about the world he created and make it into something he hated... like me.

Then, and only then, maybe, in a world where everyone is as ruined as I... just maybe he would love me like them.

If I can get my father's love, then no one will be worthy of it. No even Wu." Firey tears now slid down his face, falling from his chin onto the rough surface of the floor. He wiped his eyes and felt a sigh escape him.

"Misako" His voice was a fragile whisper like if he were to talk any louder, he would crack like strained glass. "Im glad you finally understand me." only silence followed and the faint sound of Misako's breath as she searched around the room and back to the helmet that stood on its stand. "Not many people do, you see."

He groaned and wiped his eyes more aggressively, desperately trying to smother the repressed emotion that welled up inside him. "Being evil these days is really unappreciated." He choked out a jokey complain while composing himself. "But you... I always knew I could count on you" He lied to himself, feeling as if it were foolish to tell her all of this.

And sadly, he was right, she was gone and she took the helmet. Now composing himself was quick and he seethe with rage. "You deceived me!" He bellowed, "Stop her!" He roared, and one final tear cascading down his face.