airports. (scrapped post)

Sorry its late in the month. I try and post once a month very month but I couldn't finish anything. Here is a scrapped story from my drafts.

Lloyd had the genius idea of dragging his father onto a trip abroad. Alone. And with the many hurdles that were to come with the trip, Lloyd began to doubt the idea, just as he tried to doubt that it would benefit them only he let himself have more faith than that..

Having only told his father that they were going somewhere, Lloyd had been the one to arrange it all, with the help of the ninja, and he had made sure to pack everytbing they could need for three weeks. He was indeed frustrated when he tried to find clothes for his father considering the man was brought back from the dead with one outfit: wrecked armour, dirty trousers, bloodied bandages, and no shirt.. and with his father's longer stature and four arms it would be hard to give him clothes.

Yes, trousers could be adjusted, and why not make a four armed shirt? Because no one knew how to. Well, Pixal didn't like Garmadon and kept insisting she was busy.

Nonetheless, three weeks. Thats all. A whole three weeks.

As horrible as it sounded, and as it probably were to be, it meant Lloyd and Garmadon were stuck together, alone. This would force the two to confront their issues because Lloyd has to keep his father in check and Garmadon has no where else to go. Brilliant.

But yet, there they were, sitting in a bus, privately rented by Cyrus (because that man's a Saint and wanted to assist Lloyd in getting his father back) about to be dropped off at the airport.

Garmadon and Lloyd sat in silence, the green ninja scrolled on his phone seeing all sorts of "Good luck" messages from his beloved friends and family while Garmadon lent against the window in disappointment, clueless to Lloyd’s true intentions.

In a fragile attempt to break the awkward silence, Lloyd looked up from his phone and in the direction of, but not directly at, his father. "You alright?" Lloyd asked quietly, as if he were too loud it might spook the oni. The dark lord's eyes flicked in Lloyd’s direction before his gaze retreated back to staring outside..

"I am well, yes." He answered, his gruff voice sounding like stone against brick as he was clearly unhappy to be where he was. Lloyd sighed, futher doubting his initial plans and if he should cancel them in that very moment.

Going back on his phone and checking through his gallery, Lloyd saw pictures of him and his father. Of him. The image made his heart ache, it always did, but now there was somthing deeply upsetting that shook Lloyd to his soul about sitting besides his father and yet feeling so distant. It hurt so much. Especially when he coupled it with Garmadon's words from their first "reunion".

Pushing his misery to the back of his mind, and centring his focus to the monster sat next to him, Lloyd found some perseverance and determination to vying his father back, in the way Harumi never did.

"Father." Lloyd spoke loudly and firmly as he turned to look at his father, hoping he sounded as confident as he forced himself to be, eyes determined and focused. "Do you understand where we are going?" He asked, hoping to gauge some type of reaction, preferably curiosity.

After considering for a moment, Garmadon let out a small hum before turning his attention to Lloyd, albeit hesitantly. "No, I do not." The oni admitted, one eyebrow raised and the other furrowed, pressing Lloyd for an answer.

Inhaling deeply, the green ninja was cautious with his response. "We are going to an airport. Do you remember what they are?" Lloyd asked, no fully aware to the extent of Garmadon's faulty memory.

Garmadon tilted his head, trying to grasp the concept from somewhere in his mind, alas, it was at a loss. "I am afraid I cannot recall, no. I am not aware of what this "airport" is." Reasonable enough. Planes, airports, modern travel was just that. Modern travel. Garmadon had lived for centuries and more, it wasn't outlandish for him to not remember something fairly new-ish.

Lloyd smiled encouragingly, a weak nod moving his head. "That's alright, maybe you'll jog your memory when you see it.." he said, not entirely convinced any such thing would happen.

"Perhaps so.." Garmadon mumbled, his gaze averting to the window as they began to pull into the rather empty airport, well, jot empty, merely quieter than expected. With the sight of the airport, Lloyd brothe a sigh of relief, no more forced conversions.. for now.

Lloyd tried to smile weakly at Garmadon but couldn't hold back the frown daring to pop up on his face. "Nearly there.."

Garmadon just grunted with the new information. Lloyd could practically feel the drivers desperation to get the darknlord out, perhaps Garmadon could aswell, though he didn't suspect that would upset the oni dedicated to destruction and pain.

Eventually pulling into a drop off bay at thier terminal, Lloyd grabbed his case that he had carefully weighed to only 21.5 kg while Garmadon grabbed the other, this own being a mere 8.3 kg in comparison.

Letting his father step off first, Lloyd whipped around and thanked the driver for his bravery around the darklord before letting them depart.

Sighing and looking around for his father, Lloyd heaved his bag behind him while also trying to verbally drag his father behind him. Sometimes Lloyd felt like he was the dad in their relationship.

The duo made their way inside, unhappily having to take and elevator to reach the place where thei baggage tags were to be printed and places on for the objects to be stored for the flight.

"Okay, just hold tight for a moment dad." Lloyd instructed to his disgruntled father who huffed and tapped his foot impatiently, his bag fallen to the floor once he had given up holding it upright even with the miminal effort required to do so.

Once Lloyd managed to print it all and wrap it around the handles of each suitcase, he moved to place them upon the conveyor belt, straining as he lifted his and let it be scanned.

When he turned to look at Garmadon, he was disappointed to see he was gone. Lloyd shoved on Garmadon’s case before running find the freak of nature.

He turned a corner and found the large oni busy glaring at a vending machine with great interest, observing the food and drinks with longing. With one wuick glance at the prices, Lloyd shook his head and forcibly dragged Garmadon away, claiming they'd get food from one of the shops or restaurants in the airport, once they got last security..
Grumpily, Garmadon grunted and complied, snatching his arm from the boy's soft hold.

Having eventually lead Garmaodn to the next line of security, the Lord was upset to hear he would have to take of all metal.. all metal.

Begrudgingly, Garmadon took off his armour so the two could proceed, flushed with embarrassment and shame that he just couldn't wear shirts due to his four armed physique. It was this shame that Lloyd caught upon and held out his green hoodie for his father to take to provide some decency and dignity back to his father before all took notice of him..

Aaaannnnddd I'm bored.