Whilst you've been gone... Pt1

Wu and the ninja had left him in the bounty hidden on the dark island as they went to attack the overlord. This is purely a random thing I wrote in an au I forgot about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Garmadon shook with unfathomable pain, an agonizing sensation coursing through his body as a kaleidoscope of colours flashed in his eyes, their hot contents spilt down his face. Turning his head up to try and smother his emotions with no success, the lesions on his wrists and ankles forming a sickly bruised colour as he tried forcing his way out of his entrapment for the billionth time in one hour.

His absence was thought of as a weakness, a betrayal and now he felt as such. Nothing but a traitor because he fell victim to the sentiment surrounding his brother's and father's memory. More of the excruciating feeling filled him, the unknown emotion forcing him to cry out in anguish. Gasps were soon cursing his lips while he wallowed in his weeps and sobs, begging for a release from the torment.

The torturous experience left him exposed, his thoughts fleeing his mind and his emotions plaguing him into misery. Volcanic tears erupted from his eyes, a piercing screech bursting from his lungs and making his chest ache and breathing laboured, his sensitivity increasing by the minute, a pit forming in his stomach.

After a short while had passed and the uneasy feeling remained, he vomited aggressively onto himself and the varnished wood floor. The stench lingered in the air but was easily drowned out by his suffocating sensations. Everything felt as if it had stopped, the throbbing in his head and tucking in his stomach further tormenting his agonised state. He could feel his eyes slowly close, hesitating, faltering.

Then, suddenly; A voice.

Wu entered the room and instantly stopped in his tracks. His own brother, always so strong and capable and scheming was now unconscious, binded on the floor and covered in vomit. Tears and pained grunts and cries still escaping him even in his sleep induced state. The younger brother dropped everything and rapidly approached the weak hybrid, cradling his head and wiping the remaining vomit off his face.

Garmadon's eyes fluttered open as he winced at his brothers touch. "Wu? Is that- is that you..?" Lord Garmadon trembled as Wu held him, taking off his white robes amd wiping Garmadon clean of vomit.

"Oh, brother of mine. Look at you.." Wu muttered as he unbound the oni's wrists and hoisted him up onto shaking legs.
"Lets get you to bed, you may borrow mine." Wu kissed his brothers head, trying to soothe his acting soul.

. . .

Garmadon, despite having been in bed for a good hour or so, had not slept. The dark lord was sovered in a sheen of cold sweat, the taste of vomit and blood plaguing his tongue with every breath...

Lloyd was by his side for it all, his leg bouncing up and down with worry as he waited for his father to recover in some spontaneous way. It never happened.

Between the Overlord preparing his victory, the ninja still unable to gain the upper hand, and his father being in such a state, Lloyd felt helpless.. as helpless as Garmadon was..

Was all truly lost?