Chapter 2 Meeting Frost

I looked at the snow under me and sighed. Better get up before my clothes got wet. I hopped to the roof and lied down, closing my eyes. I wonder how Jack's been... I let my mind travel to my first encounter with him.

I was standing in front of a crater. I scratched my head. What have I done? Damn, I shouldn't have shot around while I could barely keep my eyes open... Now look what I've done. I crashed into the earth and created a crater. Now it's just a matter of time before people come rushing to see what had happened. I looked around. Well, it's night, plus it's winter, so I guess there's still some time...

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement, and I immediately turned around, spear at ready. "Who's there?" I demanded, and I narrowed my eyes at the person stepping out of the shadows.

He has silvery-white hair, around the same height as me, but he has pale white skin while my skin's light-tan. He has a staff with a hook-like end, covered by frost, and his attire consists of a blue hooded sweater, frost collecting around the collar, and brown trousers. Like me, he's barefoot.

I looked down on my clothes. Vermillion shirt, red pants under a black cloak. Red bandana around my head, covering my forehead. Black sash around my waist. I then turned my attention back to him, who was looking at me head to toe. His icy-blue eyes then met my blazing-red ones, and after a while, he asked, pointing to the crater behind me, "Did you cause that?"

I glanced at the crater behind me and laughed shortly. Running my fingers through my short, spiky, flaming-red hair, I said, "Well, kinda. See, I was darting across the atmosphere and accidentally fell asleep..."

He snorted and said, "No need to explain it to me. Anyways, shouldn't you fix that?" I looked at the crater sheepishly and said, "I don't think there's much that I can do..." He looked at the crater. "Maybe I can make a pond out of it?" he suggested, and I shrugged. "Might as well try that."

"Well, that might work, but I'll need water." he said. "I can take care of that. I just need to melt the ice and snow around here." I said, and he looked at me. "Come to think of it, who are you?" he asked, turning around to face me.

"Maybe you should introduce yourself first before asking for people's names." I said, tilting my head slightly, and he sighed. "I'm Jack Frost. Who are you?" he said, and I smirked. "I'm the Flame-"

The loud sound of trumpets hit my eardrums and I immediately sat up, cursing. They must be attempting to swear him in. Well, I don't think he's gonna join us that easily. I got up and jumped into the room through the window. Jack looked pretty confused, while the others were cheering, well, other than Bunny, that is. Jack then lifted his staff and hit it on the ground, freezing the ground and sending a gust of wind from him.

"What makes you think I wanna be a Guardian?" he asked to the others while I watched from the shadows, smirking. Still hadn't changed, Frost. I stepped out of the shadows and said, "Well, what do we have here?" He turned to me and smirked. "Well, if it isn't the Shooting Star." he said, and I scowled. "How many times do I have to tell you that's not my official title, Frost?" I said, tilting my head.

SIlence filled the room. We kept staring at each other, then as if on cue, we both lunged at each other. His staff clashed with my spear, the sound it caused sounding throughout the room, and I smirked. "Not bad, Frost."

We stayed in that position for a while, both of us trying to gain the upperhand, and I finally overpowered him and pushed him back, knocking him off balance. He stumbled backwards, regained his composure, and striked again, but I've jumped into the air and kicked his back, causing him to fall face-first. I landed a few feet away and straightened up, waiting for him to get up again.