Chapter 4 Trouble at the Tooth Palace

“Boys, ship shape, as soon as possible!” North called out to the yetis as we walked.

“Dude, you’re gonna love the sleigh. It’s awesome.” I said, nudging Jack’s side. Jack groaned and said, “Hey, I’m not going with you guys! There’s no way I’m climbing in some rickety old…” His voice trailed away as the gates opened and the reindeers came into view. “…sleigh.” he finished, and I snorted.

The reindeers walked out, a little excited, and North calmed them down. I smirked as Jack chuckled and turned back to the gates, where the sleigh’s slowly coming into view. His mouth fell open, and I chuckled.

Finally, the glorious sleigh came to a stop in front of us, and Jack kept gaping. “Told ya it’s awesome.” I said, making my way to the sleigh. Jack snapped out of his trance and said, “Okay. One ride, but that’s it.” and followed me to the sleigh.

“Everybody loves the sleigh!” North said as he got in, Sandy after him. North then looked at Bunny. “Bunny, what are you waiting for?” he boomed, and Bunny looked at the sleigh, distrust clear on his face.

“I think my tunnels might be faster, mate. And, um, and safer.” he said, pushing the sleigh by its side using his legs and watched as it shook. He tried to run, but North picked him up before he could, saying, “Get in!” I snorted as Bunny kinda freaked out.

“Buckle up.” North said again, facing the front side of the sleigh. Bunny looked around the seat and exclaimed, “Whoa, whoa, where’re the bloody seatbelts?” “Ah, that was just an expression!” North said, laughing.

“Are we ready?” he asked a yeti, who said something in gibberish, and North continued, “Let’s go. Clear!” He slapped the ropes and the reindeers started running, pulling the sleigh with them.

Bunny shrieked and clawed his seat, Jack and I looked at each other and chuckled. “Out of the way!” North yelled at some elves and yetis standing in the middle of our way. Bunny kept screaming and pleaded for North to slow down while Jack and I hooted and laughed all the way. Even Sandy seemed to be enjoying the ride, he was waving his hands in the air.

North laughed and said, “I hope you like the loopty loops!” “I only like carrots.” Bunny responded, still clutching his seat. North ignored him and yelled, “Here we go!” Then we were out of the tunnel we were previously in and off the ground.

“Klasno!” North exclaimed. Jack flew over to perch on the side of the sleigh to get a better view, then he looked at the seemingly motion-sick bunny, his cheeky eyes glinting. “Hey, Bunny. Check up this view!” he said, before falling off the sleigh.

Bunny gasped and started muttering incoherent things while I shook my head, chuckling to myself. Bunny struggled to sit up and peeked over the edge of the sleigh, only to see Jack was still on the sleigh, only at the outside, that is. Jack smirked at Bunny and said, “Oh, you do care.” Bunny glared at him and spat, “Ah, rack off you bloody show pony!”

“Hold on, everyone, I know a shortcut!” North said, and I faced forward again. “Oh strewth, I knew I should’ve taken the tunnels!” Bunny exclaimed, clutching his seat once again, and North took out a snowglobe from his large coat and tossed it in his hand.

“I say…” he began, “Tooth Palace.” he whispered into the globe, then he threw it into the air in front of us, and a portal opened, us entering it directly.

When we exited the portal, I groaned and muttered, “I always hate the portals…” Jack snorted from beside me, and I glared at him. Then I heard horses’ whines and I snapped my head in the Tooth Palace’s direction. Raven-black horse shaped creatures were speeding off from the Palace.