Interlude.

"You know I love you right, " I ignored my drunk fiance while standing in front of the mirror getting ready to go over to a girlfriend's house

When he drinks shit gets bad real bad and tonight I didn't have time for unwanted sex or being called every bad name in the book except for a child of God.

"Bitch, do you hear me talking to you?" I rolled my eyes. I wasn't going to be nobody's bitch and I was tired of allowing that bitch word to be used so regularly that I became so numb to it.

However, tonight I couldn't allow it. I felt my blood began to boil and run through my veins and aggressively I threw my makeup bag across the bathroom floor.

"I'm tired of this shit Bryson, you drink and drink. You put your hands on me, you rape me. Aren't you fucking tired?" I slammed my hands hard against the counter.

"You better calm the fuck down with that shit, Mya. Ain't nobody raped you I fucked you that's what I did ." He took another sip from the bottle of dark liquor. Hennessy, I think I couldn't remember anything after I snapped.

I grabbed the bottle from his hand and smashed him in the head. "How does that feel huh, do you feel that shit?"

" B-baby." He attempted to grab me with one of his hands while his other hand held on to his bleeding head.

The begging and pleading became too much for me. I couldn't stay for another moment of forgiving him then he goes back to drinking again. The man I fell in love with died a long time ago and there was no way I was sticking around hoping that he would come back to me.

The idea of being with a man always took me back to that moment. The moment I snapped and realized that I deserve better than this shit. Ain't no man who loves me is going to beat me every night when he drinks and abuse my temple whenever he wants.

*******