Prologue Olivia

^^^^^^^^^^^ Olivia Amherst

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading my other story The Croydon Alley. I hope you enjoyed it. Now you can read my new story, The Match Maker's Match! Enjoy!

-----------------

"What should I do? I love him!" the hysterical girl wailed into the phone. I had to pull it away from my ear. Jeez. I thought.

"Mindy? Sweetheart. Tell me again. What did he do to you?" I asked sweetly. I wanted to hang up more than anything, but this was my business I was talking about. Liv's Matches Made in Heaven I called it. I was the prestigious Belleford Academy's official match maker. It was my life. I loved to help people find their true loves and ease their heartbreaks. People even came to me in the summer, like poor Mindy Johnson here. I was afraid that she had a little (no, huge) unrequited love for her boyfriend Jack for a while now. She had just recently found him making out with the infamous boy trapper, Blaire Sheridan, and, to be honest, I felt for her (I always did, it was my job). I hated Blaire because we were sworn enemies ever since I started at Belleford in ninth grade. She was the richest girl in school and I was there on scholarship. My dad left us and my mom an upcoming face in the art world. That wasn't much of an income. I worked my butt off to get into this school and I wasn't going to let some bitch get in my way of succeeding. I had to keep a 3.75 GPA if I wanted to stay and I had to manage Liv's Matches along with it. I sighed and returned to the conversation with Mindy.

"Sweetie, just remember, if he doesn't come back he was never yours. If he does then get effing hitched! Just don't let him trample your heart. If you find him like that with Blaire he was never right for you. You can't love him because he never loved you back." I waited for a response. I got sniffles and nose blowing. Finally, after five minutes, she talked again.

"I'll keep that in mind Liv, thanks. You really are the best." This is the part I smile and say in my head "hell yeah I am!" but I say out loud,

"Thanks Mindy, I'm glad I could help. Don't let that jerk bring you down. Time to hit the bars again!" We shared a laugh and I hung up. I sighed and smiled. All in a day's work of saving hearts.