Chapter 4 Olivia

^^^^^^^^^Blaire Sheridan
Hey guys!
Thanks for reading this! Please vote and comment!
--------------------
I waited at the cafe with my hands crossed. I looked around at the people laughing and talking in the cafe and thought about the guy I was about to meet. He was so freaking hot. It wasn't even funny. He had short brown hair, light stubble, full lips, and the deepest most dazzling pair of blue eyes I had ever seen. Long story short: dude was gorgeous. Tristan was something or someone I had never thought I'd be lucky enough to even see. I had heard all the girls at school talk about those rare, elusive hotties that only they seemed to see. It wasn't like any of the guys in my school weren't good-looking, they just weren't totally, drop dead freaking gorgeous like Tristan was. I was so lucky. The way he looked at smiled at me told me that he was at least interested in me. He wanted to talk to me besides my economic status. He was nothing like those other rich people I inevitably stumbled into at school. Then I heard the loudest squeal ever.
"OMG LOOK IT'S TRISTAN VANDERBILT!" I looked up to the door and I saw him there in the same clothes he wore to school, but the top button of his shirt was undone and his sleeves were rolled up to the elbows. Damn. He looked even better like this. He searched around the cafe for me and his eyes lit up ten times brighter when he saw me. I waved to him.
"Olivia!" He yelled as we walked to me. I swear I heard every girl in the cafe scoff. To be honest? I could've cared less. He grinned and my insides turned to jelly. Shit this guys was beautiful.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said back. Hell, this was all kinds of awkward and it was about to get a whole lot worse. As we sat there, stupidly staring at each other Blaire suddenly walked up, her entourage right behind her. She twisted her hair around her index finger.
"Tristan," she said. "How are you. I haven't even gotten to talk to you! Last time I saw you was at your parents house right?" She said as she leaned towards him and looked at me. He opened his mouth and said,
" Sorry, do I know you?" I held back my laugh. Blaire pouted.
"Of course you do, silly," she said, giggling, "you don't remember me from the Christmas party? Blaire Sheridan? We almost kissed?"
"Ah yes, the girl who didn't talk to anyone but me the whole time, threw herself at me and tried to kiss me all while smelling like my mom's crab appetizer?" He said. This time I let out a huge laugh and he smiled at me. Oh, that smile.
"No!" Blaire yelled. Her face was as red as her lipstick. I laughed again. This was the best day of my life. She scrunched up her nose and stomped of with her army of air heads following her. We both chuckled together.
"Why did you do that?" I asked him.
"I know how she's nasty to everyone in school especially you. I won't ever let her be near you again. You don't deserve that kind of treatment just because your not as rich as she is." Can you say swoon? I smiled.
"Thanks Tristan. I really appreciate it."
"There is no problem." He whispered as he put his hand on mine. I was going to legit die right then if it wasn't for a lumbering giant who came running up to us. There were way too many people here.
"Young sir!" I'm sorry, what? "I have been looking for you everywhere! I sent everyone out to search for you!" Then he saw me. He slowed down and his worried face suddenly morphed into the sleaziest smile I had ever seen. And I'd seen a lot.
"Jefferson I'm sorry that I did not tell you about my plans but you needed a break. This is Olivia, a friend from school. Olivia this is Jefferson, my head of security." My jaw dropped. His effing bodyguard that was following him around in school! He extended his hand to me. I shook it.
"Miss Olivia, a pleasure." He kissed my hand and I had to try my hardest not to recoil.
"Jefferson uh..." I looked to Tristan. His scowl was entirely visible.
"Jefferson, paws off. Now. She is entirely of limits." His face fell instantly as he dropped my hand. "Say sorry to her."
"Sorry," he mumbled. I smiled.
"No problem," big freaking problem.
"I'll be over there if you need me sir." Jefferson said as he walked to the door and stood in front of it. Everyone stared at him. He did have a striking appearance somewhat alike to a lumberjack. He was at least six foot and then some tall, had a full, red-blonde beard and a shiny bald head. He was not a thin man though he was not fat either. He was extremely well built. He probably worked out like a dog. Jesus Christ. I looked back to Tristan.
"So how is it like having a 'head of security?'" I asked him.
"It gets hella freaking annoying having someone follow you around 24/7 so..."
I cringed. I would hate that. I needed my freedom to live. "Anyway all distractions aside, what would you like to drink?" He asked. I laughed and ordered a caramel macchiato and he ordered a cappuccino.
"You know," he said to me after he finished his coffee, "you would love my sister Scarlett. You two are so alike. Strong, passionate, independent..." He looked up at me "beautiful." My heart contracted. Holy shit I had it bad. "You have a lot in common. Oh! My dad is having a family get together thing, whatever. You should come. You would probably hate it but I'm there for you." He said. I didn't know. His family would be a lot to handle. What would happen if they found out how poor I was? Were they the same as Tristan with their attitudes? "The only problem is that my girlfriend, Ainsley Hawthorn, will be there. You two would hate each other's guts." My heart dropped so low that I was surprised I wasn't dead. He had a girlfriend? And that too Ainsley Hawthorne. She was an uber rich model with everything. How the hell was I supposed to compete with that?
"I don't know, Tristan. I need to help my mom. She's going through a hard time. I don't think I can. I'm sorry." Worry and understanding clouded his blue eyes. He nodded.
"I'll miss you." He whispered, almost as if he was talking to himself. We paid and went our separate ways though Jefferson did not forget to pay me some attention on the way out. As I walked home I wondered what it would be like to be Tristan's girlfriend. How it would feel to be kissed and held. Hell maybe even be married to him? I wanted it all. Now that I knew he was taken I was sure I was mistaken about everything. He was definitely not into me. Never was, never would be. I was hopeless.
--------------------
I walked into the apartment and put my head against the door as I closed it and shut my eyes. I need to get rid of every thought I had of him.
"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" I opened my eyes and saw my mother. Her usual look, messy bun, ringed eyes. I felt hot tears pricking.
"Mom," I could barely get it out. I ran to her and threw my arms around her.
"Oh honey, what happened? Did they make fun of you again?" I shook my head. "Then what is it?"
"A boy." I felt her sigh.
"Oh dear lord," she muttered. She held me in front of her by my arms. "Who?" She asked with soft eyes.
"Tristan Vanderbilt," her expression immediately hardened.
"What did he do to you?" She asked harshly. My mom was like this whenever I talked about the rich people at my school. She despised wealth. I shook my head.
"Nothing, he is so kind and sweet and helpful and he doesn't care that I don't have as much money as he does. He's not like the others, Mom. I like him, I really do." My mother relaxed. I knew she now trusted Tristan.
"Then why are you crying sweetheart?"
"He... He has a girlfriend!" I started to weep again. I heard her laugh. Light and tinkly. I looked up and narrowed my eyes. "What?"
"No, nothing, I just thought that maybe he hurt you or something but... That's it? That's all you're crying about?" I nodded.
"It's serious stuff. This is my life we're talking about here!"
"Oh baby I know," she said, stroking my hair. "Just don't let him hurt you ever ok?" Where did that come from? I mean I understood, but she knew now that Tristan wouldn't hurt me. We stood there for a while, hugging. I heard my mother start crying but I knew better than to ask why. Ever since my dad left she would cry at random times at things that reminded her of him. She would stay away from anyone around her and would refuse to talk. This was probably one of those times. I held her and tried to comfort her. I didn't really remember my dad. I just new he had beautiful blonde hair that looked like it was spun from gold, my green hazel eyes, a wicked sense of humor, oh, he was also filthy stinking rich. That was why she never trusted wealthy people. She knew they would just leave her. I knew she was skeptical about me going to Belleford, but I handled myself. She would also be hesitant about Tristan. That is if we were ever together.
My dad just left when I was six. He told my mom that they weren't working out and that he had met a woman that he had fallen in love with. Her name was Lauren and she was ten years younger than him. They met at a bar and started dating behind my mom's back. My dad loved us. Don't get me wrong. I guess he just got tired of us. He got married to Lauren and they were living in LA with two children. He's been married to her for eleven years. He could only stay married to my mother for eight. I missed him. He used to play with me and kiss me good night. He used to be a great dad. He visited a couple of times but his presence shattered Mom and once he got the vibe that he wasn't welcome he didn't come. She used to cry herself to sleep some nights and I would sit in my bed and listen to her. I was sad along with her. I hated my dad for making her like this. For ruining her life. As time passed she grew closer to normal again. She would laugh and play but sometimes she would be sad. It never truly went back to normal again. It always feels like there's a huge void that needed to be filled in our family. She wouldn't even try to date. She said that my dad was the only one for her. I left her alone. We were happy, but not anywhere near as happy as before.