Chapter 15 Olivia

Hey guys!
So this is the last chapter in the book. I just love all these characters so much and I'm really going to miss them. So please please please don't forget to vote and comment. Love you guys!
P.s. There will be an epilogue so look out for that!
XOXO
------------------------------------
The drive home was mostly silent. Tristan sat next to me in the back and Dad drove. I still couldn't believe it. All these years I thought my father was some rich, selfish bastard who didn't want to look after his family. I was so grateful that he wasn't. I couldn't wait until my mom met him again. She would be so happy. I could already see her eyes light up at the sight of him. I smiled to myself.
"Liv, what are you smiling about?" Dad asked.
"Oh, nothing,"  but I kept grinning.
"Of course it's nothing," he said cocking an eyebrow before he looked back to the road. We turned into my apartment complex and Dad's eyes darkened.
"Will she be home?"
"I think she will, Dad," I smiled reassuringly at him and he smiled weakly back. The walk from the car to the apartment was the slowest ever. When we finally reached the door, my father inhaled and knocked. The door opened and revealed my mother. Dad swallowed.
"Aurora," he choked, his voice full of emotion.
"Niall? What the hell are you doing here?" My smile dropped. Of course this would happen. She would be mad.
"Mom," she looked at me.
"Olivia? What are you doing with this man?"
"He saved my life," I whispered.
"What in hell's name are you talking about? Oh, don't just stand in the hall! Come on, inside! You too, Vanderbilt." She closed the door behind us and put a lock of her golden hair behind her ear. My dad inhaled sharply. She turned to him and looked him straight in the eye.
"What do you want from me, Kramer. If you want Olivia you can't have her."
"No, I don't want Olivia. I want you. I want us, baby. I want my family back." My mom scrutinized him for a good minute.
"No,"
"Why not? I'm her father, your husband-"
"No, Niall, you're not,"
"What? Did you marry again?"
Mom hesitated so I interrupted.
"No, she's not married Dad. She refused to move on after you." My mother was staring daggers at me but I didn't care. She needed this. My dad lifted her chin with a finger but she refused to look at him.
"Baby, look at me, please," she sighed and obeyed, fresh tears glinting in her eyes.
"You left us, Niall," she whispered.
"Baby, I never wanted to, I promise. I loved you, hell, I still do, I love both of you more than anything, Rory,"
"I don't understand! We had six happy years together with Liv, and you left just leaving a note saying your company needed you. She practically grew up without a father! You expect me to not be mad after what you did to her? To me, to all of us?"
"Honey, I never owned a company,"
"What? So you lied too?"
"I had to,"
"Why?"
"I'm an agent. In the FBI. I was put on a mission that took a little longer than I expected and I had to leave. Trust me, it was the last thing I wanted to do, but I had to keep my job if I was going to come back and support you. And I'm sorry you have to live like this darling, I'm so sorry. God, I just hate myself for putting you through this, but now I'm back for good ok? I'll never leave again."
"How do we know, Niall?"
"Trust me, Rory," tears streamed down Mom's face. Dad hugged her and she cried into his shoulder.
"How is it that you've become more beautiful darling? So, so beautiful," I took this as my cue to leave. I gestured Tristan to follow me out. I closed the door and leaned against it, my shoulders trembling from the sobs threatening to exit.
"Sweetheart," Tristan whispered as he touched my back. I turned around and cried to him too.
------------------------------------
Mom made me, Tristan, and Dad dinner. Dad groaned when the food entered his mouth.
"Aurora, I think I missed your food more than you." She laughed. It's sounded happier, lighter. I smiled and Tristan's arm circled my shoulder. He kissed my head.
"You two look really happy," Dad commented. "It reminds me of us when we were their age." Mom smiled and nodded, but then her face fell.
"No getting pregnant," she pointed at us.
"Mom!" I yelled and Tristan laughed.
"Don't worry, Ms. Amherst I'll keep her safe."
"No, no, no," said Dad, "she's not Ms. Amherst. She's Mrs. Kramer." Mom smiled and dropped a kiss on his head.
"I love you, Niall," he looked up and pecked her on the lips.
"I love you, too, Rory," Dad turned to me with a stern expression.
"I know it's my fault that life is so hard on you and your mother, Liv. I wish I could redo the last nine years and be a part of this family like I always dreamed. Those six years were just a sliver of joy in the pain my life has been from the very start. I love you both more than anything and if that means I have to quit being an agent and settle down with a more stable and stationary job for you then I will. My job isn't my life anymore. My life is my family and I want you all, yes, even you, Vanderbilt, to know that you are the best family I could ever have." He patted Tristan on the back and smiled. "Welcome to the family, son,"
Tristan grinned. "Thank you for having me, sir," my father waved away his statement.
"Oh, nonsense, call me Niall," he brought Tristan in for a hug. "I'm just glad my daughter found someone like you Tristan. It trust you to take good care of her and love her till the end. And as a father, is it my paternal duty to tell you that if you ever break my baby girl's heart you will never ever see the light of day again. We clear?"
"Yes, si- Niall," he smiled at me. Dad wiped his mouth.
"Now if you'll excuse us," he said, rising and grabbing Mom, "I have nine years to catch up with my very young and beautiful wife, if you catch my drift." He winked. Mom blushed.
"Niall! Not in front of the kids!"
"It's not like they haven't done it. And of course they were safe." Tristan crossed his heart.
"Honest to God," he said.
"Olivia! you didn't tell me! I'm your mother!" Mom exclaimed. I smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry Mom, but can we please not talk about this right now?"
"Of course sweetheart, come Niall," she said walking into their bedroom and shut the door.
"We should probably leave." Said Tristan.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"That conversation kind of put me in the mood..." Tristan smiled mischievously. "What do you say?" He wriggled his eyebrows and I burst out laughing. I kissed his cheek.
"I love you, Tristan."
"I'm taking that as a yes, Olivia."
"Sure," I stifled a laugh. He looked at me with glowing eyes. His hands gripped the wheel tightly until his knuckles were white.
"Olivia, I kind of wanted to ask you something."
"Yeah what is it, Tris?"
"I know that we're graduating in less than a few weeks and we'll be going to college and all..."
"Are you breaking up with me?"
"What? No! No. I was going to ask you if... Maybe, in the future, you would marry me?" His words crashed into me like a wave.
"Marry. You?" I broke it down for myself.
"If it's too soon, I mean we don't need to right now. Just please... Don't say no." His eyes were pleading.
"Why the hell would I say no? It's a huge yes, Tristan. I will marry you. But only after college." He nodded at me, his expression full of relief and joy.
"Understood, darling." His kiss was full of love and passion. I was going to marry Tristan Vanderbilt. Hm, Mrs. Olivia Vanderbilt. I smiled into Tristan's lips. He broke it and looked at me quizzically.
"Mrs. Olivia Vanderbilt," I said. He laughed and nodded. I imagined myself having this man's children, sharing his home, his family. His worries, his joys. I imagined us growing old together, forever in love. I grinned the biggest I could. No words could express my joy. A world with Tristan was better than any other world imaginable.
------------------------------------
So, as I said earlier, there will be an epilogue to TMMM. But I'll only post it after my other book, Smara, gets 125 reads. So PLEASE read my other book so I can continue with this one. Love y'all!
XOXO