Chapter 10 Olivia

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Catharine Vanderbilt (Tristan's mom)
Hi guys!
I really hope you enjoyed the last chapter. It was one of my favorites to write. I also hope you like this one! VOTE AND COMMENT!
Happy birthday to my friend Shriya! (shriyaanna)
-------------------------
"Hey, Liv! Jump in, the water's great." Sean said as his head came up to the surface of the pool again.
"I'll take your word for it, Weston." I held my nose and jumped in. Cool water enveloped me and I sighed in relief. "This feels so good." I said, closing my eyes.
"I know, I'm too young to be baked alive." He joked. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my head pushing me into the water. I came back up to the surface and smacked Sean on the chest.
"I hate you."
"Shut up, Liv. You love me." He said, puckering his lips. I laughed and shook my head.
"That looks like fun." I heard a velvety voice with a slight Greek accent and turned around.
"Adonis!" We both yelled in unison. He chuckled.
"Yes, it is I, Adonis Alexopoulos, gracing your presence." He stared at Sean and he started blushing. I felt that it was one of those moments where three was a crowd.
"I should... Get going. See you around, guys." Adonis stopped me with a hand on my arm.
"Δεν μου ομορφιά, den mou omofiá, no, my beauty. Stay, please." His eyes were begging me. I looked over at Sean who had the same expression.
"Oh, you guys are too cute to resist. What the hell, KAWABUNGA!" I yelled as I jumped into the pool again and watched both boys laugh. Sean jumped in after me and we both watched as Adonis took of his shirt to reveal the most beautiful body I had ever seen. I started sweating even in the cold water. Sean just stared with his mouth agape and I had to push his jaw back up. He jumped into the water and his hair fell on his forehead in a sopping mess. It gave him a boyish sexiness that only he could pull off perfectly.
"Αυτό αισθάνεται εκπληκτικό, Aftó aisthánetai ekpliktikó, this feels amazing." He said, sighing. Sean moved forward to dunk him under the water like he did to me, but Adonis suddenly turned around a put a hand on his chest.
"Not a chance, αγαπημένος, agapimenos, sweetheart." He whispered heatedly into his ear. This was turning awkward fast. My face should've been beet red as they exchanged heated stares.
"Guys, seriously, I'm gonna leave now..." I slowly walked out of the pool with them still staring at each other. I turned around for one second and I heard a moan. I turned back and saw Adonis and Sean kissing in the pool. Uhhhh. I snuck out and went home, leaving them to their chosen activities.
------------------------
I was lazing around in my apartment that afternoon. Sean had told me that he had gone a little further than just kissing with Adonis. I was happy for him. He had finally found someone he clicked with (although somewhat creepily) and could be happy with. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. My mom was just home from work so I yelled that I would get it. I opened the door to meet a middle aged woman who embodied the snobby southern neighbor. She had meticulously styled blonde hair down to her shoulders and wore and evidently expensive pastel dress and low heels. She smiled at me, holding a tray of warm cookies. She looked around the small space with slightly judging eyes.
"Is this the home of Miss Olivia Amherst?" She said again. Her eyes looked familiar, but I couldn't place them. I nodded slowly. "I'm Catharine Vanderbilt, you know, Tristan's mother?" It hit me. Those eyes were Tristan's. Big, blue, and inviting. Her lips spread into a warm motherly smile and I wanted to hug her. How did Tristan hate his parents?
"Hello, mrs. Vanderbilt. It's a pleasure to see you here. May I ask the purpose of your visit?" Suddenly, her warm eyes changed to cold and worried. She looked around the hall.
"May I step inside, dear? This subject is rather sensitive." I frowned at this. Was Tristan in trouble?
"Of course, please, come in."
"Something terrible has happened and I wanted to talk to you about it. You were the first person I thought of since Tristan seems to like you a lot and-" my mother walked in.
"Honey, who is it?" She took one look at Catharine and her eyes darkened. "I don't know what you want from my daughter Catharine, but you have to leave now."
"Mom-" I tried. She held a hand up to my face to quiet me.
"This woman is not welcome in my home. Do you understand, Olivia?" I nodded slowly. She pointed out the door. "Leave." She said sternly.
"But the cookies?" Asked an afraid Catharine.
"Keep them," my mother said as she walked her out the door and slammed it in her face.
"Mom? What was that?" I yelled at her.
"I'm sorry sweetheart but she isn't a good person. She helped your father ruin us."
"She was about to tell me why Tristan was in trouble!"
"She was probably lying. How could Tristan be in trouble. That woman is the trouble." I was crying now.
"Mom, what if he really is in trouble? Please, I need to know!" She sighed and turned away.
"You'll find out tomorrow in school." I knew it was the end of the discussion as I looked at her back helplessly as she walked away.
----------------------------
My mother was right. I would find out in school. I walked in and I knew something was up. Tristan was hanging out with Blaire. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. I put on my biggest smile.
"Hey," I said sweetly. He just turned the other way and continued talking to Blaire. What? Blaire looked over his shoulder and smirked at me. I could see the 'I told you so' in her eyes. I twisted him around and kissed him, but he didn't kiss me back. My heart shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. He frowned at me and turned around again. I quickly walked away and into the bathroom. I closed the stall door and cried my eyes out. Maybe my mom was right. He was just using me to have fun. He was rich and careless like all of the other people at this school. I wept silently in the bathroom until I hear the first bell ring.