Rose

2016

Kyungsoo looked around to see Chen still sleeping. He thought about how just a week ago their house were filled with loud laughing sounds and patty noises. This is one of those rare time where he woke up before Chen.

Kyungsoo went to fresh himself up. As he went to the restroom he saw it was a mess. Then, he thought of yesterday. Chen was annoyed at rude customers so he had made a mess here. Kyungsoo signed and started to clean up. As he was done he looked at the bathroom satisfied.

Kyungsoo left the restroom and came outside to see Chen still sleeping. Now, he was getting worried Chen never slept this late. Kyungsoo went near Chen. Lifting the blanket off his face to see him breathing unevenly. He face was flushed and sweats were dripping of him.

Chen: Nini...

Kyunsoo looked at Chen worried. Who is 'Nini?' Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to bring towels soaked with cold water. Kyungsoo placed it on top of Chen's head. Then, he fixed the bed and and placed a warm blanket on top of Chen's body. He went to kitchen to make fresh food for him.

Kyungsoo wondered how Chen suddenly got sick. Chen rarely gets sick. It's him who mostly gets sick and Chen has to take care of him. As Kyungsoo was cutting the onion he accidentally cuts his finger which was rare. He quickly bandages and finishes his work. Then, he goes back to Chen with food and drink.

Chen: Nini..

Kyungsoo hears Chen cry. Crying in his sleep. He wonders what's going on and who is this 'Nini.' Kyungsoo goes to Chen and wakes him up for porridge. He shakes Chen lightly to which Chen stops his chanting. As he sees Chen opening his eyes, Chen hugs him tightly. Then, starts to sob louder.

Chen: I am sorry. So sorry, sorry-

Then, Chen opens his eyes to see it was Kyungsoo. He stops in his track and stares blankly at Kyungsoo. And he looks around to see his house and look where he was.

Chen: Soo?

Kyungsoo nods his head and hands him a spoon full of the porridge. Chen opens his mouth while looking at Kyungsoo- scared- and eats it. Kyungsoo can see Chen seems scared to be fed by him. As Chen finishes up the porridge he lays back down with sweating face.

Kyungsoo: Rest a little.

Kyungsoo lets Chen sleep. Kyungsoo looks at Chen as he drifts to sleep peacefully. Then, Kyungsoo heads to the store for medicine. As he gives a final look to Chen he dresses up and heads out. Kyungsoo makes sure to lock to the door before he goes out. Cases of robbery had been going high these days.

Kyungsoo walks out of the apartment while looking outside. It's a very beautiful day. The sun was high, wind was fresh, and the people were smiling at their day. Kyungsoo smiled at that, seeing others happy made him feel happy.

As he reached the pharmacy. He talked with the first person available he asked for a cold medicine.

Seulgi: Do Kyungsoo?

Kyungsoo heard his name and went there to get his medicine. But as he was getting his medicine he felt pair of eyes looking at him. He turned to see a familiar face. He knew he had seen it somewhere. Somewhere. But where? He seemed familiar- oh. Yes, it's him the one he saw crying at the hospital's bathroom. He was filled with bruises and tears but now he looks at him he is a fine looking man. His honey brown hair and those eyes looking at him made him feel...weird?

Kyungsoo: Hello? Do you remember me?

Kyungsoo asked the man who couldn't keep his eyes off him. He didn't reply to him instead just looked at him until he saw somebody else beside him.

Taemin: Uh, sorry? Do you know him?

Kyungsoo: We were admitted to the same hospital. I personally don't know him.

Taemin: Oh, that's why. Sorry, he is a bit shy person so he doesn't talk much.

Taemin said bye to Kyungsoo and he waved awkwardly at the 2 and left. While he walked outside he saw the man again- but this time standing alone.

Jongin: Why did you come here?

Kyungsoo heard him speak with unemotional voice but it seemed to hide something, maybe anger but shook it off.

Kyungsoo: Oh- my boyfriend got sick today so I came to get medicine for him.

Then, Kyungsoo saw something flash in that man's eyes. He saw anger? Sadness? Suddenly he felt a grip on his shirt by the taller man. Looking at him with anger in his eyes.

Jongin: What? What did you do?

As Kyungsoo was about to answer somebody pulled them apart. It was the man from before at the pharmacy.

Taemin: Hey, stop it!

Taemin pulled Jongin apart from Kyungsoo. He quickly apologized and left. Kyungsoo was left there shocked. He wondered what just happened. Every time he met with that man, something always seemed wrong.

But Kyungsoo started to walk again. His apartment being only 10-15 minutes away from the pharmacy. As he went inside the house. He felt something wrong. The door was open, and not only that his kitchen was a mess. Kyungsoo ran to the room to find Baekhyun tendering Chen. Then, he calmed down and went towards them.

Baekhyun: Bring the medicine with water.

Kyungsoo followed his order and bought the medicine with glass full of water. As he gave it to Baekhyun he saw how carefully he opened Chen's mouth and fed him the pill. Promising it's not bitter and Chen is a strong boy.

Chen: Baek, no..

Baekhyun: If you don't drink this you'll get more sick. You may even have to visit the doctor.

Kyungsoo stared at them wondering if Chen was really his boyfriend. But he decided to stay quiet since Chen never hid anything from Baekhyun but to him he did.

Chen unwillingly drank the medicine and whining Baekhyun is a liar since the medicine is bitter. Baekhyun feeds a banana that is cut in smaller pieces. After he fed Chen, Baekhyun decides to leave.

Baekhyun: Take care of him. I'll come to see him later.

Kyungsoo: Okay, see ya then.

Baekhyun nods at him  and leaves. Kyungsoo thinks of their relationship as a strong one. They really care for each other and they don't mind showing it.

——————

Taemin: Was that Chen?

Jongin looks at Taemin like he is crazy. Taemin guessed it was a no.

Jongin: His boyfriend.

Taemin gasped and he went silent. Taemin remembered all the horrors he heard from Jongin about Kyungsoo. Taemin now fully knows he lost his memories since Kyungsoo looked and acted a completely different being.

Jongin: We have to pick up Key and Jonghyun so let's go quickly.

Jongin said while biting down his medicine. Taemin looked at him worriedly. He really did change or else he wouldn't have courage to bite that bitter medicine.