Chapter 5

A/N: Slow burns are hard but we're gonna earn this romance goddammit! Also to those who are assistants to celebrities IRL uhhhh I don't know what I'm talking about or doing. I just have worked in an office before so please forgive me.

This officially was the twilight zone.

I watched Dynamight calmly take instructions and critique for the advertisement. We finally were able to finish the commercial we interrupted and it's been unbelievably smooth. Even the backstage workers on set have been whispering to themselves about Dynamight's sudden change. When they weren't looking at Dynamight, there were looking at me. My skin was starting to crawl from all the passing glances and stares. Dynamight looked over at me and excused himself for a second to walk over to me.

"I don't think the guy they arrested was the culprit." He said. "I want you to send something to Deku asking about it."

"Why?"

"Well..."

He went on to explain a bunch of things that seemed off with the evidence submitted and while I had no idea what he was talking about because it was classified I nodded along. Occasionally I chime in with stuff from an outsider's perspective which he'd take in and ruminate over before replying. I wrote everything he said down, hoping it made sense to Deku when he got the message.

"Dynamight, let's talk about this on the way back. We don't have a lot of studio time left to get this done." I gently reminded him.

He hummed in response and went back to the set, still deep in thought. I couldn't be more flabbergasted over the change. A couple of makeup artists finally shuffled over to me, glancing at Dynamight.

"Did something happen?" One of them whispered.

"I just...changed his schedule." I said.

"That's it?"

"Yea...I would've done it sooner if this is all it took." I said.

"Was it that bad?"

"The agency was...pushing for a different schedule."

"What made them approve this time around?"

I fell silent and they looked at each other. One of the artists rushed off and came back with a good luck charm.

"We need you." She said with desperation in her eyes. 

Some others came back with charms while others gave me tips on how to handle workplace conflict. One girl told me to straight up burst into tears in the office which I'm not entirely against. I also got some more snacks from them. They gave me some more encouragement before waiting on standby for the shoot. I appreciated the encouragement but I really didn't want to think about the impending shitstorm awaiting me.

We wrapped up the commercial with 15 minutes to spare and the director awkwardly thanked everyone for their time as everything wrapped up. Everyone glanced at Dynamight who rolled his eyes and headed back to the dressing room to change back into his clothes. I checked our schedule realizing we could eat and then head back to the office. I didn't book a lot of events today because we wanted to make sure there was enough time to finish and have some time to cool off if needed. I sort of regret that decision but better to be safe than sorry.

"Dynamight?"

"Mmm?"

"Next Monday is gonna be packed, just a warning."

He sighed but didn't give any complaints.

We got back to the office and Dynamight went straight to his desk, presumably to talk with Deku about the evidence. After a while, I set some coffee down on his desk and he grunted in acknowledgment before taking a sip—a step up. We've been on the new schedule for two weeks and he's been surprisingly docile since the change. He's even gotten some cracked cases under his belt. He barely complains or acts pissy and when he does it doesn't really bother me for some reason. Maybe I'm finally getting used to this.