Chapter 48

The police were completely falling for Kaiya's innocent act. The worst part was the indisputable fact that I definitely hit her first in front of a large audience. Even worse, I was clearly a little tipsy and due to the lack of sobriety, I couldn't even pretend to feel bad. I called Shiori since Katsuki picking up his drunken girlfriend who assaulted someone would also look bad. I also just didn't want him to see me like this. Today sucked ass on every level. The door opened and I looked back. Shiori and Katsuki were here. I glanced over at Kaiya who looked relieved to see Katsuki.

"Katsuki thank you so much-" She said.

"Are you okay?" He ignored her, immediately walking over and examining my face.

"Katsuki." She said, hurt filling her voice. 'Why are you going to her, look at what she did to me."

"I don't want to hear shit from a stalker." He said, looking at her with disgust.

"What happened?" Shiori asked.

"This young woman assaulted her in the middle of a bar. There were several witnesses." The police officer said, shooting Kaiya a sympathetic look.

"She came to brag she got me fired." I said.

The officer's eyes widened and I saw another officer who was scrolling on her phone perk up a bit.

I'd be all over this too if it wasn't me.

"No, I didn't! I came to check on you!" She cried.

I rolled my eyes. Katsuki stood up and went to the officer.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

After some convincing, the officer reluctantly went over to the corner to talk. Kaiya looked at both of us.

"So you're friends with Shiori." Kaiya said.

I ignored her.

"Make sure you're careful." She said, glancing at Shiori. "She has a tendency to betray people."

I turned my attention back to the officer who came back and sat down.

"Unfortunately this isn't enough evidence. Besides the fact that she assaulted this young woman remains." The officer said as he sat down. "Miss, would you like to press charges?"

She looked at me and her face transformed into one of benevolent pity.

"No. She just lost her job today. There's no need to make things worse." She said to the officer.

"Count yourself lucky." The officer said to me as he typed on his computer.

We left the station and Kaiya walked down the stairs, whining and holding her face.

"She wants attention." Shiori muttered under her breath.

"Well, she ain't fucking getting it from me." Katsuki grumbled as he continued to examine me for injuries.

"By the way, I hope you don't lash out at anyone else. They won't be as kind." She said, cradling her cheek. "Although I think you've learned your lesson on bad karma."

Katsuki whirled around and walked up to her. She looked at the station and then back at him. He glared at her, seemingly trying to find the words.

"I get that you're mad but it's your fault. You're the reason I had to go this far. How could you do this to me? Both of you-" She said.

"I wouldn't choose you even if the choice was between you and garbage." He sneered. "Piss off. I never want to see you again."

He turned around and walked toward me. She looked crushed for a moment before a determined look crossed her face. She looked at me, trying to glare but wincing. I smirked and walked away. The alcohol was still swimming in my system so I swayed a bit. Katsuki held onto me and sniffed.