Chapter 22

A/N: What can I say?? I'm impatient. Here's a chapter

I went home and packed up my stuff in my suitcase. We were going to stay at the filming location for two weeks. A part of me wanted to entertain staying there longer and using some PTO but I decided against it. When this whole thing is over, I'll definitely need the downtime. I made sure to go to sleep early so I wouldn't want to die on the plane tomorrow when I'm stuck in a weird position for hours to not squish someone.

However, despite my best efforts, when I woke up my eyes were bleary and the bed still called to me like a siren song. By the time I got dressed, I halfway decided to just sleep on the plane and risk ridicule. The final decision will be made once I can assess the seating situation. I got to the airport a little early and saw Mr. Kakimori waiting. Rather than let my day be ruined before it started, I hung back and sat on a bench to enjoy the cool morning fog.

I watched people bustle back and forth to make their flights saying goodbye to families and such until Tokaji's car pulled up. Bakugo walked out and we all headed inside to meet some more of the staff. Mr. Kakimori got the plane tickets for everyone. He lingered for a moment, giving me a strange look before handing me mine.

When we got to our gate, I finally looked at my ticket. Then blinked, rubbed my eyes, and looked again. First class. First class? I wanted to ask but I wasn't gonna question a gift when I got one. First class was asked to board and I stood up. When the lady to scanned my ticket, I almost expected her to say it was wrong but I got through just fine. Guess there's finally a perk to working for this agency. Business class was the highest I hoped for. The downside is that my seat, of course, was right next to Bakugo.

"Hey, do we usually have first-class seats on flights?" I texted in the group chat.

Ringleader:

First-class?? Seriously?

Jester:

Damn...enjoy it for both of us.

Now I was confused but that's a mystery for later. I wiggled my legs, adjusting my seat. Then I asked for a seatbelt extender and buckled it in. I settled back in my seat in awe. I had room. I had room! I wasn't squishing anyone. Slowly I relaxed my shoulders as a smile took over my face. I couldn't remember the last time I had such a comfortable flight. I was almost sad the flight was so short. When we landed, we were immediately ushered into a bus that drove us to the hotel. Upon exiting the bus, Mr. Kakimori addressed all of us.

"Alright everyone, we are now in the final stretch. We've all worked hard up until now-"

I instinctively looked at Bakugo who rolled his eyes. I smiled before remembering the atmosphere between us and looked away.

"and we won't quit now. Let's finish strong." Mr. Kakimori finished.

We clapped and then gathered our things and went inside the hotel to get our room assignments. I walked up to the front desk asking about my key. I paid for a separate private room because I knew I'd need space to freak out and be a vegetable free of judgment. Might miss out on some team bonding but whatever. I headed up to my room and let out a huge exhale. I flopped onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"This is it..." I sighed.

Before I could get overwhelmed with what-ifs, I turned on the TV and got all my devices connected to the hotel wifi. A lucky side effect of being on the administrative side is that they gave us a buffer day so that the crew can get ready for filming. Which meant we could do some sightseeing if we wanted. And I definitely was leaning towards exploring at least a little bit before I went into an anxiety spiral for the next two weeks. On impulse, I checked my phone to see if anything caught on fire while I was in the air. Once again, like yesterday. Nothing needed my intervention.