Distracted...?

Gaster just put his kids down to bed before sitting, staring off into space with no thought in mind whatsoever.

He just stared at nothing for over ten minutes before blinking a few times and shook his head before checking on his kids, a small smile on his face that he put on.

They were still asleep, nows a good time to practice smiling while they were asleep, Gaster decided.

Nodding to himself and he kept the small smile on, if he can start small, he can eventually start keeping a bigger smile on his face, after that he'll have to make sure it's an ok smile, and him not looking creepy while smiling.

He just kept the small smile on, turning around and started looking for a book that caught his interest and started reading, smile fading slightly before he pulled it up a bit more.

Smiling is still hard for him as ever, even in a new body, great.

Gaster rubs his face a little bit, mostly around where his mouth is.

Keep the smile on, he needs to smile around his kids so they know how to smile.

And put on an act because if he's how he usually is, he might make his kids think that he don't care and he can't have that. Gaster thought to himself, shaking his head again.

They are his kids now, even if he didn't like being around kids much, these ones are his, he can't have them thinking he doesn't care even if he's not sure if he does or not.

Gaster let out a small sigh, his smile dropping with a tired look on his face, setting the book down and just hiding his face in his hands, just tired.

Gaster almost let out a small groan, why does this have to be so hard? Of course he had to decide to do the most difficult thing for himself just so these kids can have a loving happy to go parent...

It was always so hard for him due to not being a smiler in his last life, even in his next life it was still so difficult, like it just had to come with him?

Great, just great, well no time like practicing now, at least he should be able to get it down by the time his kids won't forget anything.

So he can drop it every now and then before they get old enough to remember things more.

Afterwards he can't drop it, not while he's around the kids, he doesn't want them to see him like he usually is, they deserve a loving and happy father that shows them love every single day and in every single memory they will have to remember.

Gaster let out a small sigh, a yawn breaking through as he covered his mouth a little bit. He hopes his insomnia didn't come with him, he already had trouble to sleep back then, so far he's been able to get at least six hours of sleep, which is an approvement  from the usual four hour sleep  in his last life.

He's also been lucky the kids haven't woken him up at night yet.

But that also means he'll need to check how hungry they are in the morning because they haven't woken up at night from being hungry yet...

He should probably feed them more before he puts them down to bed for the night so it lasts them through the night...

But is that even ok? He does want to make sure they aren't hungry through the night since they seem to just sleep right through it instead of waking up and crying for food at night...

But he does remember babies only get feed at certain time with a certain amount when his aunt used to babysit his little baby cousins...

Gaster frowned, he'll have to check the one book he's got on skeleton kids and babies...