Times skip - 12 years old human age

Papyrus was currently watching their parent who was in their own room, a few years back, their mom finally allowed them inside their own rooms for the first time to see all the decorations that their mom did.

It was very breathtaking for the both of them, their parent really spent years on it just for them?

They had a very great parent, he usually calls them mom or ma. Sometimes he'll switch it with pa or dad. But sans has the habit of calling them dad or pa instead, sometimes switching it with what papyrus himself calls their parent.

But papyrus...is a little worried about their parent..their mom hasn't seemed to notice in those few moments of when they hide in their room, that papyrus and sans watch through the cracks of the slightly open door.

How their parent gets when they aren't around..is worrisome...

Sans may be a bit confused by how their parent acts like when they hide in their room for a little bit, but even he was concerned about their parent.

And papyrus has been watching their parent a bit longer then sans has.

When his was able to retain his memories more better, was the moment he started watching their parent with no reason but a hint of worry that stayed with him from sometime when he was younger.

He doesn't know what happened back then, that caused the worry, but he's glad he started watching their parent when they went to their room, otherwise he wouldn't know about their parent.

About when their parent is alone with no one near by, when his.. whatever it is...thing that happens, he's just staring with a blank look on his face sometimes.

Other times he's doing something like reading, but there's not a lot of emotion that can be seen, he does worry about their parent, but he's glad to Have learned about this, he's been trying to find a word to it, but their Dictionary that is in the house, is missing some pages.

Could have either been lost before their parent took it home with them, or their parent Deliberately tore it out.

Honestly, it could be either, maybe their parent doesn't want them to know, which is only spurred on by the fact that their parent hides in their room when it happens.

And yes, he does usually use they for his parent since... he still responds to it, along with he, her, him, she.

Does he identify with all genders? Papyrus head tilted a little bit, he'll ask later.

But papyrus is glad to know about this, it just means he can try and figure out to help their parent with..whatever it is that happens.

He knows their parent is trying their best, doing their best, heck, their parent literally spend years on their kids rooms, adding decorations at a time after finishing painting the ceiling and the walls.

Their parent has made them so happy, felt so loved, played with them a lot whenever they asked for it, Interact with them every single day, gives them hugs, even though papyrus can feel them tense up a little bit before hugging them back, does so many things for them without even having to think about it.

If that's not what a good parent is, then he doesn't know what is.

Though he wonders if their parent is touch starved or...what was the other word again? Touch sensitivity?

It could be that to, because after getting so many hugs from them, they probably wouldn't be that touch starved...at least papyrus things so, but he wouldn't know..