A few months

It's been a few months since Gaster ended up here, he realized, he didn't pay much attention to the time, just taking care of his kids, taking pictures, videos of them, doing his job...

All in all, it's been pretty ok, but he's gotten better at fake smiling due to not being able to smile genuinely all the time, he has the tendency to close his eye sockets when he fakes a smile, mostly due to hiding his eyelights that seem to dim a bit when he fakes a smile.

He only found out when he was practicing with smiling while watching the mirror to make sure it wasn't a creepy smile.

At least he found out early enough to hide it when he fakes his smile or smiled wider then what his fake smile was already at.

But at least he thinks he's pretty convincing...his kids don't seem to notice anything which is good, but it doesn't say much due to them only being about almost a year old.

He found out how old they were due to the skeleton book.

They had another month or so before the were officially one year old by humans.

Officially in skeleton years, ehhhh they are still similar to newborns age..probably why they would be on bottle for the first few years and able to eat baby food then...

Gaster let out a curious sounding hum, he also needs to practice on emotions to, even if he can't tell if he's feeling it or even feels it, it's a good idea to put on an act either way, it will catch people or monsters off guard and they won't suspect him if he acts all cheerful or so.

Either way, it will be good to practice along with smiling some more, who knows when he needs to act a certain way anyways...

Gaster let out a sigh and started to practice that a bit while his kids were asleep in the crib nearby, he also had to make sure his tone would be the same as what he was expressing no matter how fake it sounded to himself, he'll have to practice it some more and eventually it will sound natural and not fake at all.

He might even become so good at it, that he can keep the mask on all day without it straining him in any way.

And maybe forget it isn't a mask...Gaster sighed again, ok he'll drop the mask every now and then when he's not near his kids.

That way he won't accidentally forget it was a mask in the first place.

Gaster nodded at that, that's a good plan, "ok...let's see..."

Gaster closed his eyes pulling a smile on his face, making his face look more excited as he opens his eyes and mouths along of how are you friend!?

Gaster rubs his face after that, he needs more practice along with saying it out loud to, and seeing if he got it all down in the mirror so it was more natural.

Well he can practice over the months and years to be sure he can do it, he'll sound so convincing that it won't even sound fake to himself anymore.

"Ok, hmm right..almost forgot to eat again today...ugh let's get something to eat before the kids wake up...and I'll need to grab their bottles to take to when they wake up..." Gaster mumbled as he got up and headed to the kitchen, making himself a simple sandwich due to not feeling up to eating a lot and just not feeling hungry a lot despite not eating all day until now.

Gaster grumbles under his breathe as he started chewing on his sandwich, bored.

He stared at nothing as he continued to eat, just a blank look in his eyes before blinking a few times when he realized he finished it already before sighing as he got up.

He headed to the fridge and got two bottle out and headed to his kids, his mental timer going off when they two were about to wake and tps the rest of the way there.