years later

Gaster cheerfully picked up his kids, "morning you two! "

Papyrus mumbled a morning back while sans cheerfully said back morn!

Gaster nuzzled the two, he's had a lot of practice to be able to act so cheerfully and get it down fully along with other emotions he can act out now.

He's pretty sure he had a breakdown last night while his kids were sleeping though, but he's not completely sure about it.

Gaster cheerfully hummed as he walks downstairs with his kids in his arms, his acting lessons with himself since he got here really paid off, no ones been able to tell he's been acting the entire time!

He's got the tone, the smile, the cheerfulness down, he's pretty much got all of it down and is able to fully act like a parent that doesn't have problems with identifying what he feels or if he even feels anything and not being apathetic or indifferent.

It took him forever to get this far, he's had plenty of time though, skeletons take forever to age up enough to be able to talk let alone be able to remember more memories.

His kids are still at an age that they will eventually forget this too, even if he messes up he's still got years before they will remember things without forgetting anything like one does when they are young enough.

But he's pretty sure he's mostly perfected his acting skills down to a t, at least he's pretty certain about it anyways.

And even if he's not, he's still got some years to practice it anyways, who knew skeletons age so slowly compared to other monsters? Sure monsters age very slowly compared to humans, but skeletons and boss monsters age way more slowly and are practically immortal unless killed.

And he's not even growing! Not even an inch, he hasn't even felt himself age at all, which is good, he's got a lot of time with his kids now to.

He's pretty sure he's gotten used to acting even when thinking as well, at least mostly anyways.

Gaster carefully set his kids down in their high chairs, they look like they were four years old despite how many years went by, sure they aged a little fast when they were around one but now their growth slowed down before they hit four officially.

He guessed it was to help them be able to talk and walk more by themselves.

Papyrus let out a small yawn rubbing his eye sockets a bit as he woke up more, blinking a few times as Gaster set down two plates in front of papyrus and sans so they can start eating.

Which they did, Gaster himself got himself a plate to start eating, he can't afford to skip any meals, his kids will start noticing if he does and he doesn't want them to copy him, it's a bad habit to form, he's at least trying to get himself into a habit to eat three times a day, he mostly remembers to do so though due to feeding his kids three times a day.

So that's good, Gaster started to hum happily, he's gotten pretty good at this acting shit, that's a relief, he wouldn't know what to do if he hadn't been able to get this far.

Well so far so good, "how was your sleep?" Gaster asked sounding very cheerful.

"G..good pa..." sans mumbled while chewing on his breakfast.

"It w..was fine ma..." papyrus on the other hand, had a little trouble with his was, which was perfectly fine, all children have trouble with talking sometimes.

Gaster was pretty sure he was still trying to wake up fully too.

Gaster let out a hum as he finished eating pretty fast, even though it felt like he took too long to eat, it was probably only ten minutes when he finished it.