Later that night

It was after Gaster put his kids down to sleep on their beds did Gaster finally drop his mask, his act, he stared at nothing for a good long while, eye-lights fuzzy a little bit as he thought of nothing at all.

No smile was seen on his face, his face was once again in his Passive state, no emotion or much could even be seen.

It was very tiring to keep the act up a lot of the times, but it's forth it, his kids smile and laugh happily without a clue that their parent is indifferent or even apathetic.

That's good, they don't need to know, he doesn't want them doubting everything about him or that they thought they knew about him.

Can't have them break down mentally at the thought of their own parent not caring at all or so.

Gaster rubs his face a little bit, his hand going up to rub his forehead there a little bit due to a small headache he gained within the last hour.

Gasters eyes closed a bit, mumbling a little bit about how tiring this can be.

But well it will be worth it when he sees his kids fully grown and happy with their lives.

When they move out, he can finally drop his mask in his own home unless they come to visit him.

He doesn't mind them staying in his home longer but he will eventually drop his mask longer then he used to, and one of these days it might be too much and his act may drop without him wanting it to.

He just knows it will happen eventually, not anytime soon though, Gaster let out a small sigh.

He relaxed on his own bed, laying down on his back to stare at the ceiling he had painted on, it took him forever but he finally managed to get it to look how he wanted it to, it reminded him of those nights when he was outside in his past life, staring up at the stars.

Oh how he just loved to look at the sky and the night stars, was it love? Who knows, but he always enjoyed looking up at night whenever he was out during nighttime.

He would just stare and stare until he had to do things.

If he didn't have anything to do he can just stare up for however long he liked.

He also did his best to paint his walls, to look like it was slowly turning daylight and at the very bottom of it was an ocean with some fish and sea turtles drawn on it, he doesn't think he did his best, he could have tried better but he just couldn't figure out how to.

Which is a pity, oh well, he's still painting his kids rooms to be a bit similar to his but still different.

Like with papyrus, his room was a starry sky ocean moon that he was currently painting it as.

With the ocean reflecting the stars and the moon as well with three dolphins hoping out of the water.

He's not completely finished yet with that and he's still working on sans room which has a Milky Way galaxy pattern that leads down to the top of the walls that slowly turns day with trees painting with some deer and squirrels and some types of small bugs that isn't noticeable unless looked at very closely.

Of course he's not done yet, it's taken him so long to do the ceiling, thinking about doing the wall just makes his arms feel a bit sore already.

But it's what's he's going to do anyways, his kids are going to love it when they are finally allowed in their own rooms, they haven't been allowed yet inside due to his stuff he has lying about that he's using to paint inside the rooms, so it's locked from the inside which he can teleport into when his kids are asleep.

Maybe he'll show it to them when they will finally be able to remember better, that way they know how much time it took for it to be drawn that way...or just because they love the idea that their parent spent so much time on their rooms just to make them happy.

Of course he's doing his best to make it as lifelike as he can, but he doesn't feel like he's manage to quite yet do it, unfortunately.

He's always going to be a critic to his own work when he draws, only exceptions being anime drawings that he finds he did good on, even if there were a few mistakes to it to.

But at least he's trying, it's the thought that counts, right?

Gasters head titled, even though he let down his mask, his thoughts still went back to his kids first soon after when he just wanted some time alone in his thoughts, of course he doesn't mind.

He cares a lot about them.

But of course he did check himself, on his soul and his own being, he's surprised that his soul seems to change a bit when he has his act on but that's a relief, he doesn't want anyone to see his soul when his act is off, after all, they would be so worried due to how many cracks were on his soul with some missing pieces.

He wonders if it was because of all the funerals he had to go to in his last life within a few years of each other. Or maybe it was due to also dying so horrible that caused the cracks to form and all the horrible thoughts that entered his mind those few times.

Eh, could have been any of it or all of it, he doesn't care but he doesn't want anyone to see his true soul. Wouldn't want others getting on to him or scold him.

He'll make sure to check again, when the kids are older, on his own soul to make sure no more cracks form, can't have his own soul shattering on him when he's still taking care of his kids after all.

He doesn't want them to grieve for him so early, he doesn't plan to die anytime soon, he does at least want to live life to its fullest, even if it takes centuries.

Though when he does have his act on, his soul..does a weird thing that like forms a small barrier around it and his soul looks like it has no cracks and looks like a very health and happy soul, somehow.

It's weird he supposed, but he guessed he got so good at acting it affects his own soul as well, he never thought that would happen, but at the very least, it helps keep his true soul hidden when anyone checks him when he's acting, they will only  see a very health soul while he acts due to the small barrier that pops up and reflects how he acts.

Which is good, wouldn't want to alert anyone about his act after all and nor does he want anyone to worry about him, he's fine.

Gaster blinked a few times, staring up at the ceiling, a blank look for a few minutes before shaking it off as he got up and changed into his bed clothes in the bathroom before coming back and laying down on his bed, covering himself with his blanket.

Gasters eyes closed again and shifted so he was laying mostly on his stomach area comfortable before just relaxing and waiting for sleep to claim him.

____*______*_____*_____*____*____*_
Finished with 1230 words. Hope you all like and comment what you think.

I may do some major time skips or some time skips like a few months/a few weeks or days later but if it's a major time skip it might be years later kind of thing.

Well

Ja ne~!

Ink, fresh, error
Underswap, Gaster/   , sans/         Papyrus/
Undertale, Gaster, sans, papyrus
Underfell, Gaster/fell, sans/red, papyrus/edge
Outertale, Gaster/nebula, sans/outer, papyrus/galaxy
Swapfell, Gaster/verge/margin?, sans/BlackBerry, papyrus/rus
Fellswap, Gaster/unknown, sans/black, papyrus/gold
Reapertale, Gaster/unknown, sans/reaper, papyrus/grim
Aftertale, Gaster/after/unknown, sans/geno, papyrus/unknown
Epictale, Gaster/chronicle/?, sans/epic, papyrus/Titan
Xtale, sans/cross
Horrortale, Gaster/dread/?, sans/horror/Mars, papyrus/Jupiter
Dusttale, Gaster/scourge/?, sans/dust, papyrus/phantom
Killertale, sans/killer, papyrus/Angel (ghost papyrus), Gaster/outrage/?
Dreamtale, Dream, nightmare

Those with unknown or /? In it you can help me decide for nicknames and the ones with / and a nothing beside it you can help me to.

I don't want it to be long words thou.

X