Chap-10

• Dedicated to Music, because it inspires me.

Chapter 10

When we went back up to my room I felt tired and had a big migraine.

"My head hurts" I said. Ian chuckled and rolled back the covers on my bed.

"You have a couple hours till you get ready for the party tonight" Ian said. I smiled and slipped out of my dress really quick and was now in just an under dress. I slipped into bed and cuddled with a pillow and rested my head.

"You look comfortable" Ian said.

"Do you sleep?" I asked him.

"Yes, but a little different then you" Ian said.

"How?" I asked.

"We sleep with our hands over our chest. It's comfortable. We sometimes when we are in a deep sleep we even float. "Ian said shrugging.

"Is that were they get it? When someone dies they lay the dead persons hands on their chest in there coffin. Do you have coffins?" I mumbled.

"No coffins but they are comfortable and I think they get the chest thing from us. The dead" Ian smiled. He was sitting on a chair next to my bed.

"Mmm" I mumbled sleepily.

"Do you dream?" I asked.

"Yes. We don't have too many happy dreams though. Mostly old memories of our human lives" Ian said.

"Do you think I'm the reincarnation of Jade?" I asked.

"Yes" he whispered.

"Why?" I asked.

"You guys are like twins and you think alike" Ian said.

"I'm not Jade though; I am my own person and would never do any of the stuff she did to you and everybody else. She sounds like a monster and I'm sorry but I am nothing like jade and maybe I do look like her, but I could never do that or be that evil." I said clearly offended.

"Can I show you something?" Ian asked. I nodded a little confused. He disappeared for a second then came back with a small portrait. He showed it to me and I gasped at what I saw. It was me. It looked exactly like me. I guess I knew what she looked like from my vision, but seeing something that was from so long ago. It put it all into perspective.

"Who painted this?" I asked.

"Fallon"

"Is Fallon the boy from downstairs, the kings son?" I asked.

"Yes."

"He seems really sad" I said

"Like I said, he was the hardest to fall from Jades death. He just keeps to himself mostly. He never really goes outside. He stays locked up in his house. He doesn't live with his parents, hes never really agreed with them on most things. They would probably make him go out and find a mate." Ian said. I changed the subject.

"Do you burn in the sun?" I asked him.

"haha, Yes. It hurts like hell but it's a curse we got stuck with. We were bound by the sun and the wolfs bound by the moon" Ian said.

"There are werewolves?" I asked him in surprise.

"I think there extinct, but yes we used to have that problem."

"How do Vampires exist?" I asked him.

"That I think will remain a mystery to me" Ian said. "Anyways, goodnight Hazel"

"It's not night time." I said. He chuckled and then he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

----

"She passed out?" I heard Katerina ask someone. I kept my eyes closed and kept listening because I was too lazy to wake up completely.

"No. She got tired and went to bed" Ian said.

"Oh, good. So, how did she take it?" Ina asked.

"She took it quite well. I was surprised, she is a little shocked but I think she will be fine" Ian said. I heard a sigh coming from Katerina.

"I don't like this" I heard Arthur say. "She won't be able to look at us the same"

"With understanding Arthur" Katerina said. "Hazel will look at us with understanding"

"I still don't like this" He said.

"Least she is fine. That's all that matters we can deal with the rest later." Katerina said.

"Do you think we should wake her up? She needs to get ready for the party" Liz said.

"In a minute I think she might wake up by herself. Oh, Liz do you think you could heal her a little. I know she is hurting a lot Ian told me." Katerina said.

"Sure, I'll try my best. Healing takes a lot out of me sometimes."

"It's only her soreness. I should have asked you a long time ago to heal her, I guess I forgot about your abilities" Ina said.

"It's fine. I'll heal her while she still slumbers" Liz said then I heard light footsteps over to my bed side. I felt cold hands on my arm and head. A swell of calm peace and cold chills went through my body. It was like drinking a cold cold glass of water and feeling it going down your throat only your whole body was getting the feeling. It was so nice. I blinked my eyes open and could see Liz's pitch black ones. I almost screamed but covered my mouth with my hand as I flew back. Liz's eyes widened.

"What did I do?" She asked. I saw a blur leave my room. I think it was Katerina.

"I felt funny and you surprised me. That's all" I said. Liz stood up from her knees. Arthur, and Ian were not in the room either.

"I...I don't hurt anymore. How did you do that?" I asked Liz.

"I have the ability to heal and shield. They're not strong at all" Liz said "I used to help people, when I was human, when they were sick or hurt. I think my ability came into my other life, but a little different." she shrugged.

"Heal and what?" I asked.

"Shield. That little thing I did downstairs the tingle. I was putting a force field around you. So they couldn't get too close." Liz said.

"Are you the only one with special powers?" I asked.

"Yea, the only one we met" Liz said.

"Why are your eyes like that?" I blurted. I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Oh, don't worry about it. When I was Human I got a Ink cup thrown at me. I went blind till I became a vampire then I could see again."

"huh?"

"Jade got mad at me one day and threw a feather and ink cup at me. It went in my eyes and made me blind. Then I changed into a vampire one night and was able to see again. I could see, but the ink never left my eyes so that is why they show no white." She said slowly.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's fine. I was being an annoying kid then. I matured" She said.

"I have a question"

"Yes?"

"Do you think you could help me clean up the ballroom so we can use it at one of our parties?"