Chap-17

Chapter 17

I got dressed in normal jeans and a logo shirt from a band. It was nice to not dress like a 200 year old girl for once. When I finished brushing out my wavy hair I heard the door bell and ran out my room and went downstairs to Ian’s bedroom to knock on his door. The doorbell rang again and I yelled for Lucas to go get it.

“Ian?” I whispered to the door. The door opened and there was Ian who had a bad attitude.

“I’m ready. I’ll take you out the back door’ Ian said. We walked outside together and the chilled air hit my face and I smiled because it was nice to have some fresh air in my lungs again. The clouds were a dark grey and you wouldn’t know it was morning. I hugged myself for warmth and Ian and I walked together towards the woods.

“You sure you still want to do this?” He asked.

“The ballroom or the fair”

“The fair” He said.

“Yep” I said. He rolled my eyes and started to hike together. We walked through the leaves and bushes for thirty minutes and when we finally met the town I saw that it was almost vacant. It was quite, but there were a few cars driving places and a couple people walking around. Black birds circled the buildings and it looked a bit creepy, but otherwise the place looked very cozy and a place I think I could grow to like. I saw a small candy shop on the corny of a street and I jumped and pointed to it. Ian tried to hold in a smile as we walked over to the shop and he bought me all kinds of treats.

“Thank you Ian” I said hugging him. He chuckled and shook his head.

“You’re welcome hazel” He said.

“Fair time” I said now pulling on his arm.

“Hazel, Stop it” He said at my excited tone that was almost childish. We were walking down the same street when his phone went off to a funny ringtone and he answered it before my laughs got any louder.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. There was a sound of buzzing coming from the other line and he rolled his eyes.

“Because every time you call nothing good every is going on” More buzzing and then Ian’s expression changed and you could see he was clearly upset.

“Lucas, could you just stop making a fool out of yourself and grow up! I’ll be there soon” Ian said. “No I’m not letting her come. I think she is old enough to be in this small town on her own. I’ll pick her up later, besides I think she is safer in a town be she than in a room with you”

“What’s the matter?” I asked looking up at him with a sweet smile.

“One of the workers cut himself badly in the leg, and the horrible person Lucas is, attacked him and now I need to clean up the mess. Here is some cash. Go have fun at the fair, meet you back in two hours” Ian said. He kissed my forehead and then was gone in a flash. I sighed as I felt lonely but free at the same time. I started walking around randomly and then ran into an auditorium. It was almost like a theater but different. I skipped down the solid steps and then noticed someone was sitting down in one of them.

“Fallon?” I questioned. He looked up from the small black book he was sketching into.

“Hazel Trinian, are you stalking me?” he asked.

“No I was just walking around and that’s when I saw you” I said. He nodded and then put his book in a bag and started getting up.

“It was nice seeing you” he said then started walking up the steps.

“Wait, can we hangout, or maybe talk?” I asked.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea.”