Chap-26

"That was a great party" Jade said as the entire household of girls sat down in the parlor drinking wine with our night gowns on. I sat down on the arm of the small sofa chair Jade sat in. All the boys went out to do boy things. All the women agreed with Jade as if they admired her. They didn't hate her! Why did they not hate her!? They didn't hate her they loved her and they loved her beauty and everything. I hated it. Every time Jade spoke they had this soft face of understanding. Any minute now someone was going to start worshiping her.

"You know when I first came here I was a little mad, but then I guess I started to understand” Jade said. Everyone looked at her with a kind smile. I feel stupid thinking everyone would not like her. I wanted to leave the room and run to my room and cry.

Liz sat on the ground by my feet just giving me a look every time Jade opened her mouth. I put a fake smile on my face and just looked around the room. Katerina was standing in the corner and just looking at everyone like me. Was she happy Jade was home? Her face was expressionless.

"The first time I saw Hazel I thought bad things...I thought my parents made a robot that looked like me" Jade laughed lightly. Everyone else laughed with her. The anger in me shot up and when everyone stopped laughing I started to.

"How is that possible....I don't think robots were in your time when you died. So how can you look at me and think about a robot of you?" I asked. I looked at Jade she was looking down at her dress. I felt a glimmer of guilt.

"I'm sorry.....I just..I didn't mean robot I just meant something made to look like me....I didn't mean to be rudely incorrect. I'm the older sister....Why are you picking on me?" Jade asked she got up from her seat and started to walk out. My mouth was open as she changed my words. Everyone was looking at me and scowling. I wanted to scream as I followed Jade up to our room.

"I didn't mean it like that" I said following her into the room. Liz wasn't too far behind Trotting along.

"Jade! Why did you say that? You know I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." -Not that they did. I looked at her she shrugged with a smile.

"I like attention" She said. I heard Liz sigh behind me. I bet she was thinking. I could have guessed that. I walked a little closer to jade and her head snapped around to see me.

"Where were you before you came here?" Jade asked me. The question caught me by surprise. Why would she want to know about that? I haven’t thought about that much recently

"What?"

"Tell me about the last night you spent with your parents and then when they died" Jade said with wide eyes. Did she want to see me in pain? Maybe she will feel pity for me and stop trying to hurt me. I looked at Liz and she wasn't looking at me she wanted to know too. I didn't blame her I guess. She wants to know how I ended up here.

"ok" I said I sat down on the bed and I told her everything.....

One month and a half ago.....

"Judy! Judy!" My dad called out the door to my mother. I sat on the couch and looked at my father. His face looked devastated.

"Dad, Mother isn't coming back. She will probably take a really long walk like the last time you fought" I told my dad. He sighed and looked back into the house at me.

"I'm sorry Hun. I just wish she wasn't so sensitive. I really truly didn't mean to hurt her feelings when i told her she needs to do more around the house. She just has this independent thing going on." My father said. We started to watch a scary movie and waited for my mother when a large slash of lightning crashed outside of the house. I jumped a foot in my seat and my father went to the window and looked outside.