Chap-20

"Why did you stop?" I asked. I saw that we were only around the corner from the street with the candy shop. I looked up at Fallon and he looked upset.

"Ian is there. He can't see us together he will get mad. I'm sorry. I will see you tomorrow at the ball. Sleep well Hazel." Fallon said. He smiled quickly at me then disappeared. I zipped up my jacket and put my hands in the small pockets in the front, my purple pony tucked under my arm. I walked towards the candy store now seeing a dark figure.

"Ian" I said.

"Hurry hazel, It's cold and you might get sick" Ian called.

“I don't get sick easy. I have a strong system." I told Ian but I hurried towards him anyway because the look on his face wasn’t a good one. When I finally reached him he pulled me into a deep hug.

"Thank god you’re safe" he whispered. I just stood there waiting for him to let go. Did he smell my hair?

"Ian?"

"Hazel. Who have you been hanging out with?" He asked. He pulled away from me to look straight into my eyes..

"What?" I asked. I knew what he asked I just didn't want to answer.

"Was there another Vampire with you?" Ian asked. Should I tell him the truth? Should i tell him about the almost attack? no. He would only baby me more and never let me out of his sight.

"Nope, but I did go to the fair. I had a ton of fun" I said. I started to walk towards the end of the street.

"Hazel. Slow down. Tell me about your day." Ian asked. I bit my lip and slowed my pace.

"What happened at the house? Is everything ok?" I asked. Of course I changed the whole conversation on him, but knowing him he would tell me about it then ask that other question again.

"Oh I cleaned it up. They loss all there memory and finished working. We just need to put some finishing touches and we will be done. "Ian said.

"How does that work? How do you make the people lose their memories? You did it to me too" I asked.

"When a Human gets attacked or has blood drawn from a Vampire then they’re in a trans till it's over. If you are a victim and didn’t know what was going on than you would forget in the matter of thirty minutes" Ian said.

"I thought only one person was attacked" I said.

"Yeah...well I guess...Things happened while I tried getting there." Ian said. I felt sick.

"I see you have a pony there. You win it?" Ian asked.

"Yes" I said almost too quick. He smiled at me and I smiled back trying to look innocent.

"You want to get home a little faster? I don't trust Lucas being there without a baby sister" Ian said. I giggled. He smiled and then he pulled me on his back. I gasped in shock.

"Ian" I laughed.

"Hold on" He said. I pulled my arms around his neck then I closed my eyes as I wrapped my legs around him. I wasn't scared, I was almost excited. Tonight was one of the happiest nights of my life, but I also felt horrible. If my parents didn't die then none of this would have happened.

"Yes they would" Ian said.

"did I say that out loud?" I asked.

"Only that one sentence" Ian said. Then we were off. He was speeding so fast. The air weaved through my hair. I grabbed on to him stronger. I felt a high adrenaline rush in my heart. The same speed as the roller coaster..... Fallon. His face appeared in my head and I almost felt bad for hanging out with him. It almost makes me ask myself, did jade mean to fall in love Ian and Fallon? It’s hard not to care for them both. I think of Ian as an older brother though. Nothing more and I hope Ian thinks of me as a sister.

"Hold on tight" Ian said. Then he was running faster. I bit my lip from screaming. My heart raced and the breeze felt so nice. I laughed and loosened my grip on his arm. I felt like one of those dogs who puts their head out the window and there face is being flattened by air.  

"Ahhh" I yelled into the echoing air.

"Almost there" Ian said. I looked down to see his feet moving in a big blurr. My eyes widened as he kept running. Would we hit a tree? I looked down at my pony that was safely secured between Ian's back and my chest.

"That was soo fun" I said as Ian lightly helped me off his back. I stepped off and onto a small stump. His hand placed in mine, Helped me down the stump.

"It's a rush. One of the best parts of being a vampire" Ian said. I ran towards the house. There Liz sat on the steps.

"Hazel!" She squeaked. I ran into her arms.

"Lizzy!" I said. We laughed at my nick name for her then I showed her my pony.

"It's so pretty for such a small animal pony thing. Love the velvet red in the fur with the purple." Liz said. We walked into the house with Ian following behind. The candles were lit and there was a sound of a fire being made.

"Welcome home Hazel" I heard Lucas say. He was sitting on the couch with a small wine glass in his hand, but there wasn't wine in his glass. It looked more syrupy and dark red. Blood?

"Put it away Lucas." Ian said. He set his leather jacket down on a hook then walked over to the couch as soon as we heard a big crash. We all stopped.

"What was that?" Ian asked.

"It sounded like wood breaking" Liz said.

"Ian go around the house I'll check the inside. I can't feel anyone here but just to be safe." Lucas said he set his cup down and ran out.

"I don't feel anything." Liz said. "Maybe it was just a crash of something in the ballroom. Wait" Liz trailed off then she was gone. She zoomed off. I ran to the ballroom knowing that is where she would be. As i bust through the door I saw Liz she was holding her hands to her chest and she was staring straight forward. I followed her gaze and saw that the end of the ballroom floor, the part that’s wood, was all torn out of the ground. The wood part of the ballroom was torn up from the inside out. My eyes popped out of my head. Jade was buried down there.

"Liz" I whispered. She turned her head.

"Either jade is lurking around this house or someone stole her body, but I can't feel anything. I can only feel Lucas on the side of the house and Ian "Liz said. I ran over to the broken pieces of wood. There was a small coffin thing inside. No body. There were webs and vines crawling inside the pit. There were small creatures I don't even think scientists have figured out about yet in there. Plus there was an Oder..... The dead person odder. I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Go to your room. I'm going to find Lucas and Ian. Go up to your room and hide in your closet. Please." Liz said. She was holding herself against the wall. I looked around. The place looked magical. The walls were had new wallpaper that was the same only not faded. The floor was polished and the chandlers and widows were new. It all looked amazing.

"Go now Hazel" Liz said. Then she froze. "Someone is in your room" Then she was gone. I ran after her. I ran up the stairs almost tripping and then I burst through my bedroom door. There was a tall girl she was holding Liz and drinking from her neck.

"Liz!" I shrieked. I didn't move though. The girl in the ripped up dirty white flowy dress in front of me snapped her head up the blood pouring down the corners of her mouth. My whole body shook as I saw the pale face and the small fangs pointing out and over her bottom lip. Her hair was a mess, but threw all the mess and dirt you could see her. She looked. Just. Like. Me. I could hear my heart pounding through my head. Then I saw the moon reflect off something on her neck. It was a silver Key attached to a small string.

"Jade" I whispered.