Chap-15

When everyone at the table was done with breakfast we all chatted more. "Who is going to watch Liz and Hazel while we all go hunting?" Ian asked Katerina.

"I will" Lucas said lifting his hand slightly. "I don't hunt with you guys anyways"

"Anyone else?" Katerina asked immediately, looking around the crowd.

"I guess I will" Ian said. Katerina smiled at him and gave a mouthed "Thank you" 

"I will too" Liz smiled. 

"You haven't gone on the past two trips, you must be hungry?" I asked. 

"I don't need anything fresh. We have enough to hold us over here." He looked at Liz to confirm and she nodded and smiled at me. I watched as we casually spoke about their diet of human blood at the breakfast table. 

"Well then it's settled. Ian and Liz are watching over Hazel and watches Lucas staying away from Hazel" Katerina eyed Lucas with a stern scowl before leaving the room with her plate. Buddy came in and grabbed all the other plates. He seemed in a good mood. I smiled at him as he picked up my finished plate.

"Hazel, come up to your room we need to talk" Liz whispered to me. I nodded at her and excused myself from the table.

"I'll see you guys when you get back" I said. I waved at everyone and hugged Arthur. He seemed almost shocked at my gesture but then he sighed and hugged me back. I kissed his temple before leaving. I hope we can have a better relationship later on. I walked up the steps with Liz she was holding my hand again and seemed almost jumpy. I could feel her excitement through our touch and it almost made me want to jump. When we were in my room Liz pushed me in the room and silently closed the door to my room.

"Everyone is leaving except Ian and Lucas. The whole family of Trinian's is paring up and going to hunt off in different places. You know what that means?" Liz said waving her hands in the air. She talked like it was obvious what we needed to do. 

"...?"

"So? So, we will be able to clean the ballroom. We can make it super sparkly for our party tonight. What do you say?" Liz exclaimed.

"Ohh" I said. I jumped up and down. I felt like a kid.

"We can finally do it" I said. "You're a genius Liz!" 

"Yeah I know" She giggled and spun around once. 

"When do they leave?" I asked.

"Soon. Let's go into town and buy some cleaning supplies" Liz said grabbing my hand. I pulled her back.

"First, will you stop pulling me around like a horse and second, they don't have cleaning things?"

"Buddy might, but I never see anyone cleaning."

"uhh., is Buddy going hunting?" I asked Liz.

"Most likely" Liz shrugged. She sat down on my bed with a hoof then looked at me.

"I'll go downstairs and ask buddy" I said. Liz smiled then she zoomed out of my room leaving the door to fly back and bang my wall. I laughed then ran out my room chasing after her. Of course I wasn't as fast as her but it was still fun.

"Liz!" I yelled/laughed. I hurried down the stairs almost tripping on the steps and falling down. I ran down the hall and into the kitchen. There was buddy wiping his hands on a cloth. He looked at me then he pointed behind him showing the way Liz went.

"Thanks" I said I ran past him and into the washing room.

"Liz!" I called again.

"In here!" She called back. The sound was muffled but I new it was coming from the small coat closet behind near the  washroom. I opened the door and there she was looking at all the cleaning things buddy had. She seemed like she was debating on which broom to use. I looked through the stuff on the racks and found some cleaning spray and old rags and cloth. I also grabbed massive garbage bags and a bottle of bleach. 

"I wonder when buddy got all this stuff" I said. 

"I think he collects it" Liz said busting up laughing.

"Are they gone yet?" I asked. She looked at me and paused in thought.

"In about.....5...4....3...2.....1" Liz said. "They're gone they left a note on the small table by the door. All the vampires are gone except a few. Even Buddy is out of the kitchen and out to hunt. Lucas and Ian are in the parlor waiting for us and my mother is not here so I think we are safe" Liz said.

"How do you know all that?" I asked.

"Vampires are pretty sensitive about our surroundings. I can feel Lucas and Ian somewhere near the parlor just standing there and I can sense that no one if near us. My mother isn't in our room and there are the other things. No other vampire is here but the three you know. Me, Lucas, and Ian"

"Wow" I whispered. She shrugged and then she went to go find some other things to clean with. She picked up a mop and then a small tool box.

"I think we are set. Only problem is that we have to get past the two brothers in the house" Liz said. She sighed. She put the broom under her arm pit and then held the tool box in one hand.

"hmmm....Hand me the spray and cloth. I'll lead Lucas and Ian to the ballroom and get them on my side then I want you to walk in the room with the mop and bucket with me.....Yeah I think that's how we will do it." Liz said. She bit her lip then she grabbed the spray from my hand and then she was off.

"Let's go" She said having her jumpy attitude. I smiled as she ran off. I went to turn off the light of the small closet and looked back into the room one last time. I got another flash back....

There was me...or jade? On the floor, she was holding a small metal box in her hands and she pulled a small chain from around her neck. There was a small key she pulled the key on the chain and  she pressed the key into the small metal box that looked almost like a music box. She turned the key three times to the right then turned the key left twice and then there was a small click and the box lid lightly opened. Jade opened the lid all the way, and then she pulled out a small book. It had a hard black cover. She opened the book and pulled out her ink feathered pen from the box. She started to write in it. 

......

"Let's go Hazel" I felt a small tug on my arm. I came back to reality and the room I had just looked into was now just a dark dusty cleaning supply room. MY heart had started to slow down, but I didn't have time to react once liz tugged on my arm I wasn't stable or conscious enough to balance back forward so I ended up falling on my butt with Liz's eyes in shock. 

"Whoops. Didn't think I pulled that hard" She reached down to help me up. I wanted to mention the visions, but couldn't bring myself to talk of them. I was scared of them thinking I was crazy. 

"I'm good. just lost my balance" I joked as i dusted myself off. "lets go" 

I followed Liz as we went to go clean the ballroom. My head hurt, and i wanted to know more about what was going on. Was the same ink in Jades hands the same ink that was in Liz's eyes..?