The game of the Lion and the Snake* pt2

(Please read the authors note at the end of the chapter)

It has been one week since the encounter between the two prefects and Tom after that day didn't share not even one look with Y/n. Mixed feelings she had, she felt relieved as he let her finally sound and peace, but without even confessing to herself she missed the tension he was making her feel.

One another tiring night for Hogwarts perfects had begun and Theodore Lestrange, the golden retriever of Slytherin house was keeping company to his date, Y/n L/n. Theodore was a quite pleasant companion and a very chatty person which fitted Y/n's liking at its finest. He had many stories to share with her and many of them were keeping her also a company on the cold nights of December.

Theodore and Y/n gave each other a goodnight hug, as they agreed to go slowly into this affair. Then the blessing atmosphere changed like when a bird is being struck by lightning, as the great Tom Riddle entered the scenery with a stable and almost perfect march gazing at the lovely couple with a glimpse of embarrassment as if he had the right to judge everyone else from their actions.

The boy stand with glory between them and looked at Lestrange pitifully "I don't want to be the kind of adventurer, but I believe Lestrange is almost past curfew. And if you weren't from my house I would gladly take away some points of your house. Shouldn't you get going?" Theodore was about to answer him when Y/n interrupted his association.

"Theodore was just leaving, but thank you for your kind warning Riddle," Y/n turned to look at Theodore with a begging look to just obey her words and not say another word. Their demanding attitude of Tom evinced her that he was wishing to have a word with her. As the blonde boy disappeared into the night light Riddle approached the girl looking sharply into her eyes. Y/n returned the look and the tension between them resembled a hateful battle between two enemies that hold great rivalry over the years.

"Well, well the great Tom Riddle showed up after a week," Y/n whispered and smiled slyly.

"Missed me, L/n?" he raised his eyebrows with a smirk and took another threatening step closer to her "I had to see from myself if the rumors I heard one week ago were true," he paused "And of course they were. Tell me Y/n what did you find in him?" it was the first time saying her voice out loud at the bitter taste of it made his heart crawl instantly.

"It's none of your business, Tom. You have no right to interfere in my personal life, we are classmates and if you want me to be more specific, we are rivals since grade one and nothing else," she was the one now that made the daredevil step and brought herself right in front of him with the same deadly look in her eyes.

"Sweetheart, he is not good for you,"

Angels and demons were watching this scene be executed right in front of their eyes raptly with both teenagers having more tension and passion between them than ever. The boy wanted to curse at her words, but his pride couldn't bring him to show his natural feelings. The witch was confused at his sudden change of character, obviously wanting an explanation of it. However, deep inside felt pleasure watching the boy returning to her after his one week of absence.

Tom Riddle couldn't speak his mind out so instead, as the tension and dudgeon took over him with a quick move his lips on top of hers. As shocked as she was Y/n closed her eyes and returned the favor to him. The kiss wasn't harsh or even painful, but the bittersweet taste was there to remind them of their action. As much as Y/n wanted to push him away and tell him to rot in hell her body and heart were telling her otherwise.

To continue and continue until her whole body burned down from the passion. However, her bullheadedness made her part of him.

"I don't know what came over me. I am sorry," he apologized and Y/n was about to answer him, but as he felt his pride got rejected the boy left her alone once again with a companion only her confused thoughts of what just happened.