chivalry.

ADRIEN
________

i was on the way home, driving in silence. fuck listening to music, my thoughts were loud enough.

i couldn't stop thinking about marinette and fèlix. what were they doing? is she doing okay? is he being good to her?

i pulled up to the red light, coming to a stop. i pulled out my phone and went to dial marinettes number.  i just had to know she wasn't doing something she'd regret. i stopped suddenly, realizing something.

i have to trust marinette. she's CLEARLY pissed enough at me as is.. as my eyes shifted from the wheel to the light i remembered.

she's pissed at me, adrien. but she's not upset with chat noir..

"maybe if i just stopped by to make sure she was okay.. " i muttered to myself before hitting a u-turn.

skidding down the road , plagg flew out of my bag . shoving a piece of camembert in his mouth with one nub and wiping his eyes groggily with the other. "jeez adrien, easy on the turns .. precious cargo back here."

the kwami then looked out the window taking in his surroundings.. "wait.. are we going back to school? i don't have to go in do i? i really was looking forward to getting some rest i-"

"we're going to marinettes." i stated, cutting him off. "and what do you do while i'm at school anyway? sleep in my bag? you've gotten enough rest today plagg." i deadpanned as i pulled into an alley near her house, putting the car in park.

"don't get an attitude with me adrien, it's hard work keeping up with your crush of the week."he said rolling his eyes.

"ladybug this.. marinette that.. you don't even see that the problem is not with them.. but with your inability to see what's RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU." he scolded before looking at me, his face holding a puzzled expression "anyway doesn't marinette like.. hate you right n-" he started up again before i interrupted him, sick of his comments  "plagg! claws out!"

i checked my surroundings before launching myself upwards using my baton, landing on marinettes balcony.

i hurried to look through the trap door, i couldn't see anyone from where i was positioned, "maybe she wasn't home.." i thought, but then i heard movement. "marinette?!" i yelled into the door.

the room went completely quiet, whatever was rustling around in there stopped. "what if someone broke in?" i thought to myself

then suddenly the dim light emitting from the room switched off suspiciously. i couldn't waste any time, i jumped through the trap door hurriedly. i couldn't really make out anything in the darkness except for a shadow coming from her chaise.

i slowly walked over towards the shadow bracing myself for a fight. i could just barely see a lamp on the side table. i felt around and found the switch, turning it back on

but once it was lit up i quickly wished i just kept l driving home.

"CHAT NOIR?" marinette screeched. her face went completely pale and it looked like she had seen a ghost. mine was too of course, but for a different reason.

she shook her head back and forth looking at me, then félix, then back at me. her mouth hung open.

félix quickly straightened himself out sitting next to marinette avoiding all eye contact. i stood in silence in front of them, my hands rested on my hips.

félix then broke the silence, coughing awkwardly before giving me a glare.

"oh, YOU'RE glaring at me?" i asked letting my anger get the best of me.