awkward.

MARINETTE
_____________

well. this was awkward.

i sat in silence at my kitchen table across from my parents who were quiet too, they probably had no idea what to say.. but still.

i looked to my left and saw chat noir, his arms crossed as he looked down. to my right was félix. he sat quiet too with dried blood under his nose.

my brain was on overload. i was so upset, nervous, and just confused. just to recap, chat noir and félix were not in fact the same person. which means i had two different boys in my room doing things with me in the span of like.. 18 hours?

god. what has my life come too.

and what the hell was i supposed to do.

choose?

i couldn't possibly.

i'm starting to really like félix but i care for chat on a deep level and if i just ghosted him after our night together i know it would hurt.

but i knew deep down i had a choice to make, after what happened today i couldnt just keep hanging out with them both i mean clearly that just ends in violence.

i just didn't know what to do i-

"marinette.."

my head shot up, "y-yeah?" i spoke looking at my parents. "w-well we just want to understand what was happening up there.." they sounded uneasy

i thought for a moment, "uhm.." my head turned to look at the two boys on either side of me.

i had nothing. no excuse, or lie. i of course couldnt tell them the truth.. i wondered how that would go.

i'd just be like "yeah sorry mama, papa, what actually happened was i started to hook up with chat noir lastnight thinking he was félix and then when félix actually did come over today i expected to finish what we started but unfortunately the real chat noir bursted through the ceiling interrupting us, and caught félix ontop of me and then they started to fight."

i imagined their faces if i actually had said that and a laugh bubbled out of me, i tried to hide it but once i started i just couldn't stop.

i looked up to see my parents faces, who were now even more confused.

"it's my fault." a voice spoke. i quickly shut up and looked to my left seeing chat noir looking at my parents.

"i misread the situation and thought marinette was in trouble, her and félix were just messing around play fighting or something and i thought it was serious."

his voice was low and quiet, he seemed genuinely embarrassed and my heart ached for him. i didn't want to hurt him. i didn't want to hurt anybody.

"oh.. okay" my mom looked at me as if to confirm what he was saying and i just nodded silently.

"i'm sorry for giving you that impression" i looked to my right and saw félix looking at chat.

chat looked up, and he didn't look happy, but he faked it for my sake. thank god.

félix extended an arm past me towards chat "we good?" i could tell this was just a power move on his part but i didn't stop it. the sooner we got this over with, the better.