its okay, you're okay.

MARINETTE
____________

i pulled my knees to my chest and cried into my legs, the trapdoor suddenly opened and i heard a soft voice "marinette, are you okay? i heard yelling?" i looked up, my nose runny, eyes puffy, tears rolling down my face and félix instantly ran to me.

he sat next to me pulling me close , an arm around my shoulder and a hand running through my messy hair.

i shifted to sit on my knees in between his legs. wrapping my arms around his neck, i cried into his shoulder.

"shhh marinette." he pressed gentle, comforting kisses onto my head as he ran his fingers through my hair "what's going on, what happened?"

i tried to explain but was only able to get out muffled cries. "okay, it's okay. you're okay " he reassured in a soft voice that somehow made me believe him instantly. "you don't have to say anything right now"

he held close me in comfortable silence, letting me completely get everything out. when i finally managed to calm down some he pulled my face out of his shoulder.

cupping my face in his hands he looked deep into my eyes as he wiped the tears from my face. "i'm so sorry" he whispered before kissing my cheek gently.

"do you wanna go lie down?" he asked. his voice was laced with sweetness and sincerity i cracked a small smile and nodded.

he scooped me up carrying me bridal style down the trap door, he laid me on my bed and pulled a blanket over me, tucking me in.

i watched as he propped himself up onto his shoulder facing me. his eyes peered deep into mine. "what?" i asked as i wiped my nose
on my sleeve.

he shook his head "nothing.. you're just so beautiful." i couldn't believe him obviously.. but something about the way he said it made it seem like a fact.

i scoffed, "beautiful? i just got done bawling my eyes out. be serious." i huffed turning to face away from him.

he tugged on my arm pulling me back to lay flat on my back again. i looked over to him as he put a hand on either side of me, hovering over me he spoke lowly "i've never been more serious in my life."

"my eyes are puffy, my nose is red and runny and my hair is a mess." i deadpanned

"yes.." félix started "and-" he swiped a hand over my face to close my eyes, before kissing my eyelids "everything-" then kissing my nose "is-"  and finally pressing a kiss on the top of my head "beautiful."

i felt a blush creep onto my face as i looked up at the boy hovered over me. we stared at eachother in comfortable silence for a moment before he pressed a long kiss to my lips. "i should probably get going.. i'm sorry you didn't get to show me any designs.."

i waved a hand in a dismissive manner "it's okay.. it's just an excuse for you to come back another time" i said smiling up at him.

he gave me a soft smile back. kissing my cheek, he got up to climb down off of my bed. but as soon as he moved i immediately missed his presence.

i quickly sat up "wait!" i said a little too anxiously and he stopped, meeting my eyes. "can you stay a little longer..?" i spoke almost at a whisper.

his features softened and he climbed back up "of course i can." he laid next to me and i pulled him close by his arm, pulling the blanket over us.

i laid my head on his chest, relaxing at the sound of his gentle heartbeat. how could he be so cold to other girls? he seemed like such an angel.

his right hand was tangled in my hair giving my head soft scratches, his left was tracing small shapes on my stomach, my cheeks glowed pink at the contact.

i mimicked him, drawing hearts on his stomach with my finger, he sucked his stomach in instantly.

i picked my head up and looked at him a cheeky smile appearing on my face "are you.. ticklish?"
i asked innocently

"..no" he responded suspiciously.. i kept my eyes on him and traced more hearts on his stomach watching as he tried to keep his facade from breaking.

it didn't last long at all though, he snickered and pretty soon he was full on laughing uncontrollably trying to swat my hand away .

it wasn't long before i too was giggling, i'd never seen this side of félix before and it was adorable.

he finally grabbed ahold of my hand, making my tickling come to a stop. his face was red and he wore a bright smile. a genuine smile.

i stared at him, deep in thought. i could get used to seeing him like this. this seemed like the real him, i wanted everyone to see how kind and cute he could be.. but at the same time i wanted to keep this side of him all to myself.

i reached my hand up subconsciously cupping his face, i rubbed my thumb across his cheek gently, smiling down at him.

i swear i saw him blush. i had almost forgotten what i was so upset about till a flash of light from outside lit up his face, the light bruising showing from his fight with chat.

my stomach immediately dropped. he was hurt, because of me, yet he was sitting here comforting me, i felt myself break again.

"i'm sorry.." i whispered, afraid if i spoke any louder i'd lose control and start sobbing like earlier.

"for what?" he asked, clearly confused. "your face.." i responded quietly looking down. "oh.. this?" he pointed to his bruising. "this is nothing. you have nothing to be sorry for princess."

god, that nickname. it sounded so sweet coming from his lips. however, guilt washed over me as i remembered what i did with chat.. thinking he was félix.

"and i'm sorry about chat too.." i managed to get out lowly "eh it's fine. i like some competition" i looked up at him shocked about how he could be so cool about everything.

he only looked back at me with sincerity in his eyes, those beautiful green eyes. just then i felt a hand intertwining with mine. i looked down at our hands and watched as he gave it a light squeeze before pressing a kiss to my hand, still holding onto it.

this touch sent shockwaves through my body.

i think.. i'm falling in love.

                                      a/n

                          in my active era