the project.

MARINETTE
___________

i walked into my first period 5 minutes before the bell. my eyes were still puffy and red despite my best efforts to cover it up and look like a normal person who actually got the recommended 8 hours of sleep.

however, i did not sleep. not a wink. after félix went home i was up all night thinking about chat.

don't get me wrong, i was really starting to like  félix, but.. thinking about chats lifeless gaze, and the harshness he spoke to me in made me sick.

"hey mari how are-" alya started all enthusiastic before i met her eyes "god, marinette.. you look like hell.." she spoke almost at a whisper

"gee thanks alya" i rolled my eyes going to walk past her. she suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me back, grabbing hold of both of my shoulders she looked at my face, her eyes darting back and forth looking into each of mine.

"what happened? who do i need to kill?" she spoke low and serious, it actually cracked me up cause believe me, she'd do it.

i let out a small giggle "nobody.. i'm fine." but clearly, i wasn't convincing enough cause she dropped her arms from my shoulders, crossing them giving me a look that read.. "do i look fucking stupid?"

i shrugged my shoulders before i noticed her eyes fixated on something coming from the front of the classroom.

i turned and saw félix walk in, instantly, i turned back to face her. my face red with embarrassment. he didn't do anything wrong but now that i've come to the conclusion that i'm catching feelings for him.. i'm honestly not sure how to act.

"oh.. i see." said a very angry alya. "what?" i asked in response as my bestfriend dragged me out of my thoughts.

"he did something." alyas voice was low and threatening. i had to calm her down fast.

i looked at my feet "no, no. it wasn't him. he was actually really helpful yesterday i-" i looked up only to find alya was not standing infront of me anymore.

my head quickly turned to find her stomping towards félix. "you have got some nerve fathom!" she started before i grabbed her arm haulting her to a stop.

she looked at me with a glare "mari- what? stop it let me at him" i only shook my head in protest "let's just go sit down"

"hey princess" a familar voice spoke and i looked up to meet félixs eyes. my face immediately turning red.

"félix! hey.." i tried sounding as normal as possible but it wasn't going to last long at all, i knew it. "how are you?" he smiled down at me as i still grasped tightly onto my bestfriend for dear life. if i let go of her now.. i think i'd actually collapse.

"i'm.. tubular.. yeah. totally tubular.."

god. what was wrong with me?

i looked at alya who's eyes were diverting between me and félix. i looked at her and she snickered. "ohhh..." she said with a nod. "i get it now."

i laughed awkwardly "HAHA.. ha.. um.. let's go away now alya, it was great to see you félix i'll come sit in my seat in a second.." i pulled alya with so much force she almost tripped.