LET ME IN.

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

 "Don't make me do this". My hand shakes around the hilt of the knife, slick with blood as he pressures me to go on. He is silhouetted by the rising sun, he's bound before me like a sacrifice...damaged, but still beautiful.

I step closer to the altar, the train of my wedding dress dragging like a weight behind me.

"I can't." I breathe out.

"You have to. Do it, Arabella."

I meet his golden eyes which glow and pulse with power as I press the blade to his throat.

"I'm sorry." I choke out.

30 DAYS EARLIER.

Unlike other girls, I lead a different life. I have no family, no money whatsoever. All I have to my name is a black belt in martial arts. Maybe today will be different. Maybe today will be a start of something new and exciting for start as because I'm turning 21 today.

"I'm so sorry Sarah."

"Don't apologize birthday girl. That was a damn good hit." My best friend Sarah works her jaw where my fist connected harder than intended.

"No, I shouldn't have gone all out. We were just loosening up after class." I reason after the fact I punched my best friend.

"Where do you get that strength from? Were your parents Vikings or something?"

I can't help but laugh a little before saying, "Well, actually alien warriors. Dropped off to earth to save the human race. How's that for an answer?"

"I'll say that's a lot better than the real story. You know, joining a cult and landing you in foster care." She flings her bag over her shoulder and frowns.

"I'm sorry I brought it up on your birthday. That's stupid of me" Her words sting a little considering I don't know who my parents are but I force a smile.

"It's okay, I never knew them anyway. Now, I'm out of the system, I'm allowed to drink... being an adult rocks. I'll catch you later. Have a good night." Sarah waves goodbye, and I finish locking up.

As I move to grab my coat, a massive bang halts me in my tracks and the front door flies off its hinges. 

Against the haze of the rain stands the chiseled outline of a man.

"Finally. I found you." The man says as he slowly, deliberately moves into the light like an animal appearing out of the darkness. He's dressed in blue bad boy jeans, a black leather jacket covering his buff body with a white T-shirt underneath it. His hair is slightly wet from the rain outside.

"I should have known I'd find you in a place like this." The stranger laughs softly as he touches a punching bag making me stiffen.

Who is this guy?

"I'm sorry, sir, but the dojo's closed."

"I'm not here for a lesson." He says and just that second, lightning strikes, illuminating his lean muscles and sharp, feral eyes trained on me and damn he's sexy as hell.

Snap out of it Arabella. You know what to do in situations like these. Just politely ask him to leave and if he doesn't comply then it all comes to plan B.

I straighten myself to my full height and stare the man down." Maybe you didn't hear me. The dojo's closed. Please leave." I insist.

He smirks haughtily instead, his dark smile both fucking stunning and aggravating all at once.

"Or what"? He retorts.

"Or I'll make you." I confidently bite back praying to the gods my voice didn't come out a trembling mess because of how intimidating the man is. But I can't give him the satisfaction of noticing that. But luck is never on my side now is it?