TRAITOR

CADEN’S P.O.V

I leave Arabella’s room with a heavy heart. I don’t know what it is but I’ve got a nagging feeling that something is about to happen. Maybe I need some rest, we both do. I don’t think I can keep it straight if I spend another night in bed with her. I having trouble keeping my emotions to myself around her as it is.

As soon as I enter my room, I fall on the comfort of my bed hoping that I’d at least get these few hours of sleep before training tomorrow morning but I can’t. I’m tired yes, but I can’t seem to keep my eyes closed. After about two hours of tossing and turning, I decide to go for a run around the estate to tire myself. Shifting mid-air preparing for my run, I hear a loud crash coming from Arabella’s room. Giving no room for thought, I dig my paws deep to run towards my mate.

As I knock the door down with my wolf strength, there before me is Erik, his hands strangling Arabella and his knee pressing hard on her reopened stab wound. I can feel Arabella fading away through our bond, but before she could completely fade, I throw myself at Erik hard enough to knock him away from her. I’m standing above her, crouched and baring my teeth in a snarl as she gasps. I want to ask her if she’s okay but I can’t. I know that she’s not okay and it’ll probably look like I’m growling at an enemy in my wolf form.

“C-Caden…I can handle this.” She insists but I know she can’t. It’s just her stubborn side taking over, so I ignore her, as I lunge at Erik again, who quickly shifts into a wolf himself.

Arabella scrambles out of the way as Erik and I collide mid-air. We slam to the ground, a flurry of teeth and claws. From the corner of my eye, I see Arabella sprint for the door, yanking it open.

“Help! Somebody help!” She yells for help but before she can call again, Erik escapes me, leaps for the door and slamming it shut making her stumble back.

I lunge ferociously at Erik but he’s too fast as he quickly slams me into the wall and I go limp.

“Caden!” I hear Arabella’s worried voice.

After knocking me unconscious, Erik turns to Arabella, stalking closer to her with his razor sharp teeth bared. She manages to move back, stumbling over herself, unable to look away from Erik’s brutal, lupine eyes. One step…then another…he’s almost upon her. He bends down with a snarl to make his final attack but before he could touch a single hair on her body, I pull up my strength and knock him away from her. My size and power dominates every inch of me as I pin Erik fast. I clamp down on Erik’s throat, holding him in place as he thrashes violently beneath.

“Whoa, what’s going on?” Kit, Beau and Juno burst into the room, brandishing weapons.

“Guys, please help Caden!” She should be worried about herself not me!

“Erik’s attacking him?” Beau asks the obvious.

“We’re on it. Stay back Arabella.” Juno comes to the rescue.

I shift back into my human form, clutching at my shoulder as blood drips from a harsh bite and furious as hell.

“Restrain him.” Beau, Kit and Juno descend on Erik holding him down at my command. With a howl of frustration, Erik shrinks, transforming back into his human self.

“Erik how could you---“Beau starts only for Erik to seethe out at him.

“How could I not! The bitch ruined our lives.” Erik seethes fighting them.

Hearing enough of him talking trash about my mate, I deliver a kick to his stomach and he collapses. My fists clench and unclench at my sides, blood running down my body as a storm of emotions pass over my face. I just got her back, I’m not gonna make the mistake of losing her again.