STAY

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

I'm still reeling in about all that happened tonight up to the part where my supposedly father wants me dead when Caden takes my silence to on.

"Your father is my sworn enemy. And he is coming to kill you."

I'm still in shock as I stare at Caden; I can hear my heart pounding a thousand times than usual. My ears start to ring and I shake from the cold, fear, anger and the fact that I feel useless but I still manage to find my voice.

"This is crazy. This is not real." Even I can hear the obvious denial in my voice.

"Arabella..." Caden begins. I pass by him, the ringing in my ears almost deafening.

"NO. You're telling me that my father is not only alive but he wants to kill me!? But at the same time, you're the one who practically kidnapped me, claimed me as your "mate" and shifted into a fucking wolf. How is that supposed to make sense?" I take a step towards him, pointing at his bare chest.

"How could I ever trust what you say Caden?" I don't know how I didn't notice this before but taking a close look at his bare upper body, I notice huge claw scars run across his chest as though he was ripped by a vicious beast. I let my hands wander to touch the scar but a scowling Caden shoves my hand away from his damaged but still God like flesh. I can't help wonder how he was able to survive such pain.

"This isn't a game Arabella. What I'm telling you is real. You need to take me seriously." His voice now void of concern.

Part of me starts to believe him after seeing the scars on his chest but the other half still think this A grade madness.

"I think that's easier said than done, considering."

"You need more proof? Fine." He huffs in frustration.

He pulls me flush against him as he guides me in front of a full length mirror at the far corner of the room.

"What are you...?" I begin but he cuts me off.

"If I was untrustworthy, would I show you your own power?" His hand comes to rest lightly over my throat and collarbone as his eyes flash gold. "Would I help you unlock it?" He goes on.

"Wait..." He catches me off guard as he tips my chin up so my nose is flush against the throbbing pulse of his neck.

"Breath in." He whispers. Unable to get loose because of the hold he has on me, I inhale Caden's heady scent. A mixture of pine, smoke and something new... a hot, intoxicating musk invade my nostrils.

My vision blurs and a tingling shiver runs through my veins and for a fraction of a second...Just a second, I hear myself growl.

"Good." Caden praises. "Now, look at yourself in the mirror. Look at what you are."I finally meet my reflection in the mirror. What a see in my own eyes has me shocked.