8

---Alex's POV---
I went to the medical wing and typed Temperrr's agent name into the computer. I pulled up his medical records and printed them off. I was about to leave the medical wing when a rookie agent assigned to the medical wing stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" The rookie hissed.

"I--" I went to say. The rookie spinned me around, handcuffed me, and brought me to the holding cell. The rookie grabbed a bat and began beating me up.

"We have a spy!" The rookie screamed. "We have a spy among us! Kill him! Kill him!" I tried to protect as much as I can. I got hit in the back of the head and blacked out.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked around to see who was there. My mom was next to me. I groaned.

"Mom?" I asked. "What happened?"

"The rookie with anger issues decided you were a traitor and tried to beat you to death." Mom replied. "Your father is dealing with him now. Justine hasn't been notified yet, otherwise there'd be blood." I rubbed the back of my head.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Only a few hours." Mom replied. Suddenly, I heard shouting from outside. I flinched over the shouting. That was when Justine ran into the room.

"Alex," Justine questioned. "What happened? Who did this to you? Why were Linxo's medical records in your hand?"

"I was just checking to see if he was in the medical wing at all in November." I replied. "Something didn't seem right about his arrest." Mom looked at Justine.

"He is definitely his father's son." Mom stated. Justine nodded.

"I think Adam's ready to go home." Justine stated. "You both need to go home and rest."

"I'll come back in the morning." Mom stated. "Want us to take the twins tonight?"

"I'm sure Jenna would appreciate that." Justine stated. "She can't handle them on her own. Thanks Maribel."

"How many times do I have to say call me mom?" Mom asked.

"I feel like it's too forced." Justine stated.

"I will get you to call me mom one day." Mom stated. Mom got up, kissed my forehead, and walked out. Justine sat next to me.

"Did he take the papers I printed?" I asked.

"He tried to destroy them for some reason." Justine stated. "He's been placed into the cell the doctors found you in and the papers have been retrieved. I would of been up here sooner, but I was in the Research and Development Department and you know how hard it is to get a hold of."

"If it helps," I stated. "I just woke up." Justine held up the papers.

"Here," Justine stated. "Take a look and see if your suspicions are right." I took the papers and read them over.

November 19, 2022. Dallas Base. 10:27PMCST

Agent Linxo Blanco has checked into the S.I.S.A Dallas Base medical wing. His left hand has been shattered into pieces, what would of been beyond repair outside of S.I.S.A. Linxo Blanco was in a boxing match, receiving an out of mission injury. Linxo Blanco will need surgery on his hand and will be spending four days in recovery.

"Nothing about a shattered face." I stated. "We arrested the wrong man." Justine grabbed a pillow from a nearby bed and began screaming into it.

"The traitor is still at large!" Justine screamed into the pillow. I reached over to my wife and touched her hand.

"It's okay love." I stated. "We'll get him. I promise." Justine threw the pillow on the ground and sighed. I took Justine's hand and kissed her hand.

"You're the only one here who has any fate in me." Justine stated. I kissed Justine's hand and smiled.

"This is extremely frustrating," Justine stated. "The traitor is still at large, my husband got beat up by a rookie, and I arrested two innocent people. What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing." I stated. "My dad replaced a guy who used what was left of the money S.I.S.A had and tried to bring back communism to Germany." Justine sighed.

"I heard about that agent." Justine stated. "He was the worst."

"See?" I asked. "Don't you see you're not a bad director?" Justine smiled and kissed me.

"I love you." Justine stated.

"I love you too." I stated. Justine crawled into bed and cuddled with me. I began playing with Justine's hair. Justine kissed me. I kissed her back. Justine fell asleep, head on my chest. I never understood how she found listening to my heart beating was comforting. However, it seems to calm her down. I cuddled up closer to Justine and fell asleep.

I woke up to Justine screaming and crying in her sleep. My head was pounding from the beating I took on. However, that didn't stop me from trying to calm my wife down.

"Sana'y di nagmaliw ang dati kong araw," I sang. "Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay. Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal. Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako'y nasa duyan...." I kept singing until Justine calmed down. I couldn't fall back asleep. A nurse walked in.

"I heard screaming." The nurse stated.

"Agent Blue has nightmares often." I stated. "She usually settles down when I sing for some odd reason." The nurse nodded.

"You know," The nurse stated. "I think the reason why she calms down when you sing is because your singing reminds her that it's only just a dream. A terrible memory she only remembers in her sleep. To her, that dream is real life until you remind her it's only a dream. Do you see what I'm saying Agent Red?" I looked at my wife, who is sound asleep cuddled up to me.

"Yeah," I replied. "I see what you're saying. I think she needs just as much help as I do."

"May I recommend hiring a therapist?" The nurse asked. I thought for a moment.

"Considering what these agents see," I stated. "I can talk my wife into hiring one for S.I.S.A, then get her to go see one." The nurse nodded.

"Get some rest Agent Red." The nurse stated.

"Goodnight." I stated. The nurse left. I kissed Justine's forehead and fell back to sleep.