Narwhals

Yeseul stroke over her yellow pants of her suit, waiting for her husband in the restaurant. After her encounter with Cha, she felt the need to cover her body a bit more up. The silk blouse nicely highlighted her golden skin, her hair tied low together in her neck.

She sipped on her white wine, hoping that her husband won't come late.

Spotting him always took a toll on her. Her hatred was just as strong as her love for that human being. Heart thumped wildly, while her face stayed blank as he finally approached her. It was perfectly practiced to not show any emotions. A habit that protected herself and her poor heart that didn't follow that rule.

"Yeseul", he greeted, smiling charmingly and happy, like he always does. The worst part was that it was truly a genuine smile. She stood up to greet, more like bow, but her husband was quick to hold her hand, pulling her closer.

"My love", he kissed her hand while looking at her, which made her always flustered, her resolve crumbling. He pulled her in for a hug, smelling at her hair and neck.

Oh, he was truly hard to resist.

Yeseul pulled back gently nonetheless, her nostrils filled with the familiar scent of her other half that smelled still like something she didn't want to feel around him:

Home.

"Daewon. I'm glad you could make it."

The other nodded, a bit pained at the obvious colder greeting from his (still) wife.

They took a seat "I ordered you red wine already. Knowing how you prefer it over white wine, I hope you don't mind."

"Very attentive, thank you, darling", he smiled, hand itching to hold hers again, so he went for it, hand gently covering his wife's smaller one.

It was so warm, comforting, but Yeseul still pulled back under him, eyebrows raised.

"It's one of a lot of things that we don't agree on or have the same taste."

Daewon leaned back into his chair, eyes on his wife in amusement, while he lifted the menu card "You are perfect the way you are."

"Really? Well I can't give that praise back, I'm afraid."

Daewon's lips stayed still upwards, while his eyes lost a bit of his joy, a chuckle still rumbling through his chest.

It was always like this when they met. Yeseul was bitter, upset, accusing and sarcastic, while Daewon tried to charm and calm her inner wild cat. It worked just partly.

She mirrored him, lifting her card too, eyes shifting to it to study the card. It was a needed barrier between them, that gave her a bit of a breather after all those confusing upsetting touches.

As much as Daewon disliked how Yeseul lives apart from him, he can't deny her that, will never be able to deny her anything. He takes all he could get from her, even if it's snarky remarks and hateful glances.

Hate, is still better than indifference. Even if it's painful, it's warm and an emotion close to love in his opinion. As passionate and heated.

The waiter took their orders and menu cards and walked away after a respectful bow, while the married couple glanced at one another.

"I hope you are alright", Daewon said quietly.

"I am. Was a bit upset though yesterday because of one of my guests."

"What happened?"

She folded her hands in front of her face.

"My guest was Cha."