Irukandji

Wheein rummaged through her whole apartment, almost in panic. The window was closed the curtains were closed. It was early in the morning, the sun almost setting, not knowing anything about what is happening inside Wheeins home.

She found already three bugs with the special detector she held in her hand, on the edge already, not knowing if they all heard her secret phone calls over the safe line she made in the past few month at home. Luckily, it was very crypted, so there is a chance that they didn't pay attention to it or at least didn't understand what it was about.

How could she be so careless? The fact that the gangs worked together with the government seemed to slip her mind completely. A whole section in NIS was involved. A secret one she shouldn't even know about. Did she run her mouth too much? Were they observing her for more reason than one? She was angry with herself, cursing silently as she went to the bathroom, hearing the beeping of the detector again as she held it against the filter there. With quick moves, she pulled it out there, crashing it on the ground, stomping onto it. Her heart was thumping in adrenaline, sitting down on the edge of her bathtub for a moment to calm down.

She barley slept last night, always at alert, if someone would come in and attack them. Holding a sleeping Moonbyul tightly in her arms protectively, regardless her confession and the fact that she couldn't return those kind of feelings. Was she there carless too? She remembered saying to her best friend that she wished men were like her.

What if she unconsciously even encouraged her feelings? Everything was a mess. They didn't talk about anything last night, and as soon as the day started, Wheein drove her back to her apartment to her wish. It was awkward, even if Wheein tried to act as natural as she could. Without knowing if they were listened or watched to, she thought it would be better to talk for another occasion. The only words they exchanged were questions of their well-being.

Moonbyul chuckled as they asked the same question at the same time.

It was soothing for a moment, while they both were heavily under pressure. As much as Wheein wanted Byul to stay close that she could protect her, it was probably smarter to get some distance for the time being. Both needed to breathe. She thought back to an hour ago when she dropped Moonbyul at her home.

"Please...don't hesitate to call me if you need someone, something. Anything", she said with a firm voice, hoping her friend getting the hint.

"Will do. Are we...are we alright?" There was fear in Byul's eyes.

Wheein smiled, playfully and gently bumping her shoulder with her fist "Of course we are. Take care, honey."

***

Taehyung was sipping on his drinking straw, eyes fixed on Hoseok as he was eating, telling a story. His eyes were observing, scanning every facial feature, as if he would be able to recognize the evil in him somewhere. Yoongi was nodding from time to time, talking to him, while Taehyung's observing, almost piercing eyes were still on the other, his juice slowly coming to an end. The noise was obnoxious as he slurped the remains up.

It was so loud that Hoseok stopped talking and raised his eyebrow at his friend.

"What?", Taehyung only rolled his eyes, before he put the glass down, almost aggressively, before he continued with his meal.

Hoseok frowned, watching him for some seconds "You are eerily quiet today, Tae."

"I'm eating."

"hm...that's not it. Where's Lee even? Did you have a fight?"

Taehyung only glared at the other, slurping his noodles up, as obnoxiously as he slurped his drink before. He couldn't help his irritation towards Hoseok, the anger rising in him about the possibility that he was one of the corrupt guys his father mentioned. His stomach churned as he thought of it.