Rays

Hwasa was walking down the hallway of the university, feeling surprisingly awake after a sleepless night. She volunteered to go to class nonetheless after last night's ordeal, to not rise even more suspicions that the absence of a few students AND a few teachers already did. Namjoon was still recovering, Jimin and Beomgyu were in hospital, Taehyung and Jungkook were called in sick so Taehyung could take care of the other who was still visibly beaten up; Yoongi needed a little time out as well along with Wheein who needed to be back in Seoul at the NIS the day after, and Hoseok was working like a mad man still.

It was weird to be back at university, it felt unreal to go on with ordinary life after everything Hwasa witnessed. She greeted a few friends on her way to her class, feeling like she may stop by at the cafeteria first to get a coffee.

"Hwasa, where were you last night?" Solar asked worried, knowing that latter wasn't around even at three in the morning as she woke up for the bathroom. The two friends were roommates, and grew somewhat close during those months. They shared mostly everything, except for Hwasa telling her now about O.G.E and where she was.

"Oh, just around", she smiled as she pushed the button for her coffee "Went to a club." It wasn't even a lie.

Solar raised her eyebrow "On a Sunday? Why didn't you tell me? We could have gone together", she pouted, clinging herself on her arm.

Hwasa took her black coffee from the machine, sipping on the hot brew "Yeah, wouldn't that have been fun", she mumbled sarcastically.

"Oh, by the way! I just heard we have a new teacher in history class! I'm not sure yet if it's true, but the news were going around just minutes ago."

"Ah, really", she gulped, remembering professor Song being arrested for corruption and violence against humanity.

"I hope he's handsome", Solar smiled, looking up at Hwasa, who stroked her fingers through her friends hair affectionately. She felt bad lying to her, but it was to her safety.

"Also, did you see Jimin? He didn't respond to my text messages yesterday."

Hwasa shrugged, looking away before she sipped again on her coffee "No idea."

"I shouldn't be so clingy", she sighed, but her voice really sounded hurt "I knew what I get myself into with him...it's just..."

Hwasa smiled "I know, sweetie. What about stop being clingy to me too, hmm?" She pushed the other gently away, emptying her coffee before they headed to the next class.

"You're mean. Sunday clubs are turning you cold."

Hwasa chuckled "If you only know", she said to herself.

Solar wasn't lying, there really was a new professor, obviously; not a handsome one to their disappointment, but a friendly looking one.

Hwasa scanned through the classroom, the absence of Jimin and Jk was noticeable, but no one questioned it so far.

Well, beside Solar.

Hwasa yawned as the class ended, fighting against sleep during the last few minutes.

"I'm gonna grab a snack, see you later", Solar told her, before she rushed out of the room.

Hwasa was about to button her blazer up, as Mingi approached her, fidgeting with his fingers. It was adorable, but Hwasa was tired, so she was a bit impatient.

"What is it?"

Mingi gulped "I-I just wondered if...I could invite you for dinner or something...this Friday..."

Her eyebrows shot up "Oh...as in...a date?"

"Yeah."

Hwasa smiled "Yeah, why not."