Mussels

This chapter is going to be a bit confusing, look closely to every date and time, everything will be explained in the last chapter.

Friday, 10th December, 09:00

"...it's only a week till elections, now; with the new circumstances, we are excitedly looking forward to them, not with usual calmness but with the uncertainty and heaviness of a fresh start. So don't get scared when the darkness comes, because it's so beautiful, because flowers bloom.This was Ji-Eun for Seoul TV, I will be back tomorrow at court."

Jimin turned the TV off with a sigh, adjusting his golden coat, taking his crutches before he stood up from the bed.

"Beom, hurry up! We need to go!"

The bathroom door just then opened, Beomgyu stepping out, visibly thinner than he used to be. He tucked his dark shirt into his black pants, throwing his matching dark hoodie over his head before slipping into his bomber jacket.

"I'm ready."

The nurse brought them both down to the hospital entrance, a bulky guy already stepping closer to get their luggage. Jimin smiled at him thankfully, greeting his clan member, who bowed in respect.

It was only few minutes later that they both sat into the backseat of the limousine, next to Daewon and Yeseul, who greeted them both affectionately.

"Sorry that we didn't come up, we just arrived."

"Ah, it's fine", Jimin waved, not knowing how to place his aching leg comfortably.

"Are you alright?"

Yeseul placed her hand over her brothers, squeezing it lightly.

"Yeah...getting better every day."

"You will stay at my place for the time being."

"But-"

"No but's, that's final."

Beomgyu smiled weakly, trying to conceal his happiness with annoyance.

"Okay, 'mom'", he rolled his eyes.

Daewon meanwhile patted Jimin's shoulder "I'm glad you are back, Jimin. It was a mess without you."

Jimin's cheek got a bit rosy at the compliment, feeling proud that he seemed to be an important figure in Daewon's life.

"I'm glad that I'm back too. So...tomorrow?"

Daewon nodded satisfied.

"Tomorrow."

Saturday, 4th of December, 20:00

"...Any special activities?"

"Negative. Subject still at home, looking TV. A few cars come and go into the building. Nothing out of place."

"Very good. Keep me updated at any suspicions."

"Will do, boss."

The man stretched his arms, taking a break from watching through binoculars to the opposite apartment. He was glad that he wasn't forced to wait outside, it was way too cold already in this winter's night. It won't harm to have a drink and look a bit through his phone. The night is going to be long anyway.

Job's like this were annoying. Especially since he liked Agent Jung, she was a good one. It was pointless to watch her every move, he was certain, if anything, she would be the one to do the right thing. He just knew that.

But job is job.

Maybe he makes his break a tiny bit longer.

Saturday evening, 20:30, 4th December: